Tax Rebate! Why Not Buy A Gun?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by billt, Jan 26, 2008.

1. billt

billt New Member

It looks like Washington, in an effort to spike the economy, and pacify the masses who in general are sick of them, has agreed to a tax rebate in the neighborhood of $600.00 per person, approx. $1,200.00 per married couple. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone getting one to exercise their Second Amendment rights and buy a gun with it. Think of the irony. The Democrats agreed to it, and would love yet another Assault Weapons Ban. What better way to rub it in their face than buy that AR-15 you've been wanting, and let the Dems. help you pay for it. I just bought another AR-15 the other day, but I can use a nice AK-47, and a bunch of Hi-Caps for my AR's. Let's work to try and get this going. What could be better? Invest in America's future, buy a gun! Bill T.

2. aussierogue

aussierogue New Member

Mate i was only thinking about doing that this morning was thinking one for me and one for the lovely wife plus i might be able to talk her into getting her CCW :D

3. Righteous

Righteous New Member

I'll believe it when i see the check

4. Chuck

Chuck New Member

...and how much of it is taken back in redundant taxation.

5. MarkoPo

MarkoPo New Member

Eh, who care if you get $1200 and have to pay taxes, it is still money I overpaid to the government, and not to sound cliche' it is better than nothing. I am probably going to use this to buy the XD I've been drooling over. Heck, I might even spend the extra $40 or $50 and go for a bi-tone. It isn't free money but it is MY money. :)

6. Chuck

Chuck New Member

It's more redistribution of wealth. Marx would be proud.

7. gunky

gunky New Member

That's the first thing I though of when I first heard about the tax (theft) rebate.

8. Zappa

Zappa New Member

I'd like to buy another gun, but if I do, it better be a really small one because the safe is pretty full now. Maybe I should spend the money on getting another safe :D

9. Chuck

Chuck New Member

A problem we all wish we had. :cool:

10. bkt

bkt New Member

Certainly it is! Who controls the wealth in this country? Not you or me.

11. ScottG

ScottG New Member

More guns is good!

I think I'll second the safe idea though.... Anyone have a Dakota?

12. huckleberry

huckleberry New Member

its ironic that i came across this thread, i'll turn 21 shortly before we are supposed to get that rebate, and i was telling my dad last night that i plan on getting a ccw with the money.

13. skynyrd1911

skynyrd1911 New Member

I'm thinking of buying more ammo rather than a new firearm......

14. SimonTuffGuy

SimonTuffGuy New Member

I just picked up my AR15 a few weeks ago - That extra rebate will help pay it off. :)

15. bkt

bkt New Member

Congrats on the new acquisition. New York and New Jersey have some pretty strict limits on AR features. How is Pennsylvania? For example, we can only have the pistol grip and removable mag. No bayonet lug, collapsible stock, grenade launcher, removable muzzle break or flash hider. Does PA have any such pointless limitations?

16. SimonTuffGuy

SimonTuffGuy New Member

bkt - Nothing that I'm aware of! NY has crazy gun laws and I'm very glad I don't live there. :)