Tavor trigger upgrade

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Mercator, May 6, 2014.

1. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Anyone got a Geissele or Timney trigger pack for their Tavor? Timney is taking orders but not shipping. I think a small number has been sold privately.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got samples of giessele timney and cmc.

i would wait for the gieselle trigger no doubt.

i rank them thusly

giessele
    cmc
    .timney

in that order apart.

my wife has a gieselle ssa in her bcm varbine ive got their super scar

the cmc is in my bcm carbine and the timney is in my precision ar15. at some point its getting a gieselle.

the thing i like best about how G does things is they closely replicate the oem part instead of making a custom pack like cmc and T do.

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I only dry fired a Tavor with the Timney sear pack at the NRA Convention. The pull was two-stage. It was a complete drop-in self contained module. One reviewer on the Internet said that his Timney occasionally misfired on 5.56 hard primed ammo. I have not read any reviews on the Geissele.

4. toddchaney

toddchaney New Member

Do read the reviews about Geissele and let me know also. I'm thinking of ordering from them.

5. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I'll post what I find out.

6. bfoosh006

bfoosh006 New Member

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

8. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I am no longer in the market for a trigger upgrade.

Took my Tavor out for "lunch", twice. Served was Prvi Partisan 77 gr FMJ match ammo and American Eagle FMJ 55 gr. The stock trigger feels much better (polished itself, or I got used to it, or probably both). A (possibly) quicker reset does not seem worth $350. No demo this time, but next time we'll do.

The 77 gr imported ammo felt ideal for this rifle. It shoots marginally softer than the standard 55 gr 223. Also the American Eagle ammo was a lot smokier out of the ejection port, which is to say right in my face.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014