Taurus TCP 738

Discussion in 'Taurus Forum' started by nanonano123, May 23, 2013.

1. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

Just bought a Taurus TCP 738 to accompany my berretta nano 9mm and my Davis Industries D32 derringer . What do you taurus owners think about the taurus 738

2. de4nra

de4nra New Member

After a rough start, and a trip back to the factory, it's my tee-shirt and shorts pocket companion. Reliable and very accurate too!

3. stan5686

stan5686 New Member

I've had my TCP for about a year. No problems to speak of after about 150 rounds, cleanings and oiling. I guess that was the "breaking in" that I've read about. I may not be as confident with the
    .380 as with .40, 9mm or .38Sp. that I sometimes carry. As de4nra mentioned it is good to have in tee shirt & shorts weather. Shoot it a lot. See how it works out and enjoy carrying it!

4. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

5. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

I have a taurus tcp 738 with and it's a D series after the serial number does anyone have any info on the D series ? I've heard that the A and B models had a lot of problems. I haven't taken mine out yet so any info on the D series will be helpful

6. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

Mine has a C after the serial no. I don't really have any other info but I do know the earlier models had some issues, so far this one has worked just fine, I have put one box of Monarch fmj w/metal case and about 25 or 30 rds of Rem. UMC fmj w/brass case. I haven't tried and hollow points in yet.

7. de4nra

de4nra New Member

I have a "B" model. First round out of the pipe and it broke! Sent it back on a Monday (Taurus paid the freight) and had it back by Thursday and nary another problem. Have put several hundred rounds, HP&FMJ, through it. Flat out love it now! And its a tack driver to boot, at least at 20' :)

8. javelin225HO

javelin225HO New Member

I have a "D" model. Put 100 rounds through mine and not one failure.
    Small enough to put in my pocket when I don't want to stuff my LC9 in my waistband. For a few hundered dollars its worth it.

9. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

Thanks for the info

10. tcr2

tcr2 New Member

Bought a 738 this past weekend, time constraints allowed only about 35 rds fmj to be fired. No problems, the trigger on my gun is excellent. The sights are pretty small, so I bought some bright almost fluorescent green fingernail polish and applied to the sights. Also purchased Sticky brand pocket holster - cut hay this weekend on tractor with gun in front pocket of jeans hardly noticeable at all, same at work. I do a lot of road bicycling-20 to 50 mile rides- this gun fits in back pocket of jersey in the supplied bulldog case perfectly, the case also can hold a Samsung Galaxy S3. I have a Taurus 709 slim in 9mm as well, these compliment each other pretty well.

11. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

Very nice . Have fun with it. Can't wait to take my tcp out to the range

12. Kahless

Kahless New Member

Got my TCP for road biking too. Got bit by a farm dog once and chased plenty of times.

13. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

Uncle Mike and N82 tactical holsters the best iwb holsters out there by far

14. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

Does anyone know of a cheap laser for the taurus tcp . I think the crimson trace is just too expensive

15. TX45

TX45 New Member

Check out the LaserLyte for the TCP and Slim. It does not have the grip button like the CT, though.

16. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

thanks for the info , I will look into it

17. Kansas

Kansas New Member

I bought a TCP on a whim for the lady, I figured it'd be fairly reliable but nothing too exciting. After having it about 2 years, I love that damn thing. It was much better than I was expecting in about every way. Very reliable, comfortable, as accurate as a pocket gun can be. I'm impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

18. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

I have one also , it's a little snappy but it is pretty accurate and fun to shoot and not to mention very concealable

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

19. markdeshon

markdeshon New Member

You definitely want to put a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in good. I love mine, and my daughter carries one as well, in raspberry. I know way too many guys who get tired of carrying because their big gun is uncomfortable. That's never an issue with my TCP in my pocket. They can make fun of my "mouse gun" all they want. At least I'll have mine ON ME if a situation comes up

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Firearms Talk mobile app

20. bbertram

bbertram New Member

My "D" series has about 150 rounds thru without a problem. I'm using Fiocchi FMJ , Federal Hydrashok, and Underwood XTP ammo. It goes back to the range tomorrow for another session. It doesn't shoot as well as my more expensive pistols, but so far it's a keeper. :)