Taurus Taurus Taurus

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ninjatoth, Sep 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Why must you be this way Taurus.I sent my Taurus 94 in to you to be repaired.It misfired way too much.You told me 8 days ago that you were replacing my blued finish for a stainless in which I agreed.You said 8 days ago that it would be out asap,so where is it?By the way,it has been 101 days since I dropped the gun off to my FFL to be shipped.I think this is way too long,not a reasonable period of time at all to honor your warranty,I talked to you once,you said a week till done,I called three weeks after that,you changed your mind and now you are replacing it,not fixing it but don't know when your Brazil shipments are coming in,you call me a couple of weeks after that to ask if a stainless one is ok.Now I wait and wait and don't trust what you tell me anymore.101 days is way too long to simply look at it and just send a new gun,now I wait,strapped for cash barely coming up with the money to get a new permit for the new gun your sending,and stressed about having to drive one way to be stared down by the cops when I ask for a permit,then have to drive way the other direction 3 towns over to pick up my gun.I am tired of this Taurus!

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

And this is exactly why I dumped my last Taurus 2 years ago and will not own another...

3. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I think they are pretty decent guns,I have a Rossi made by Taurus and it is a good gun,and the 94 seemed to be a nice well made revolver,it just wasn't striking hard enough,and the cylinder was locking.A gunsmith would have fixed it in one day i'm sure,but Taurus just opts to replace the gun and take 1/3rd of a year to do it in.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Sounds like a great revolver.

I do own a pt111 9mm and have had no problems with it whatsoever though. It is nice and slim for carry (when I can), but I won't get another taurus.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Are you EVA going to acknowledge the problems you have had trying to retrofit that damn thing?!?! :mad:

Colt IS NOT the end all, beat all, in anything anymore.

Perhaps in some olden days when Cane was a pup, in short pants, but not today....

Colt is no more the leader in weapon technology than Barack is the Messiah... :rolleyes:

*punching Cane in the junk*

And you know why!!

JD

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

At least it don't rust! [​IMG]

7. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Ninjatoth, I'm sorry that they are making you wait his long to get your gun back. I only own one Taurus revolver, and I haven't shot it much yet, so my experience with the company is rather limited.

What's clear to me, after reading a couple of stories like yours, is that I won't be using Taurus' warranty if something goes wrong with my Judge. If their customer support is so lacking in the US, I can only imagine how awful it probably is for a minor market like Argentina.

I'm glad my beater .22 is a Bersa. Their customer service is top notch, you just take your gun to their office and a gunsmith fixes it right then and there, no questions asked and free of charge.

8. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Got it

We called the FFL today,and they got the gun yesterday.Picked it up today.Took several hours to go to the one town for the permit and at least an hour filling out paperwork at the gunstore,since it's a totally new gun.Shoots great.I wrote my original post while my gun was in,but still,101 days is a long time.The upside is that I got the better stainless version for free and my gunshop charged me nothing to send it for me.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My Robar coated Rowland pistol won't rust either. :D

Come to think of it, I should see if they have any further interwebz deals going. You know, since I can have TWO pistols done in the time it takes you to get ONE done.....[​IMG]

10. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

The original and the replacement

I sent in a blued and agreed to take the stainless as a replacement

Attached Files:

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I like the stainless!

12. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I bought 200 cci minimags and fired them all.No misfires whatsoever.

13. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

How long before shipped??

101 days IS too long! My ques. is how long did your FFL have your Taurus before it was shipped?? MI laws on permit per gun is NOT Taurus's fault either. How far you have to drive is Not Taurus's fault. What IS their fault, is that they mfg. a firearm that you had problems with. It seems to me that they tried to make it right by replacing it with a stainless model. I do not own a Taurus, but from what I see either you Love them/or you Hate them! I own COLT-S&W-Ruger+CZ, and NOT had any problems with any of them????:eek::p

14. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I own S&W's, CZ, Colt, Ruger's, and several Taurus gandguns... never a single one back.

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I think you made out like a damn thief in the night on the exchange deal. I would be very satisfied and grateful on that deal, I would run and never look back. ;)

Jack

16. Steelerdog

Steelerdog New Member

Damn, I joined the board to ask what people knew about the Taurus. I've been looking at getting my first 9mm and the Taurus price was right, but I think I'll stick to a CZ, Beretta, or something along those lines. I've wanted a Walther since I was a kid, but not the way they're falling apart these days. Thanks for posting this thread.

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Sooooooooo.........you're the one that gets all the good ones??

[​IMG]

18. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I've had a couple of taurus's and never a problem. PT24/7 9mm stainless and pt111 stainless. Never a problem, but I sold the 24/7 because I was hungry. :D

19. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

update on new gun

The new gun they replaced me with is great.I went through about 750 rounds before I got my very first misfire,and I restruck that round 2 more times with no success and moved on with no more misfires yet,so it wasn't the gun,it was the round.Also,the gun's point of aim is different.On my old gun I would align the sights level,and the bullet would hit on top of the front sight,but on my new gun,you have to completely cover the target with the front sight to hit it.It is a little annoying and there isn't much I can do seeing as the rear sight is all the way down now.At 50 yards I have to open both eyes and aim the top of the front sight about a foot high to hit the target.Overall though,I am pleased with the new gun.