Taurus Public Defender

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by iftown, May 27, 2013.

1. iftown

iftown New Member

I picked up a new tuarus poly public defender and was curious can u shoot rifled slugs out of it. Any ammo u would suggest and wouldnt suggest for it ? Thank you

2. young88

young88 New Member

Just call taurus , thats your best bet. They for sure would know better than anyone

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Use .45 Colt instead of .410 slugs.

4. iftown

iftown New Member

I would if i could find any around here. ha i was lucky to find the pdx1 410 stuff

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Those .410 slugs won't be as accurate or as effective, but they will work in a pinch.

Try ammoseek.com

6. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

The greatest thing going for the Taurus .410 revolvers is the buck shot/defense loads. Find em, stock up and use the cheapest shot rounds you can find to practice with. The platform comes into its own with buck shot or similar defense rounds. Always play to a firearms strengths, never to its weaknesses.

7. iftown

iftown New Member

8. iftown

iftown New Member

Whoops sent that wrong. Added onto ur post for some reason. My bad

9. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Not quite an epic-post-fail but yeah, your shooter is intended for inside 50 yds and buck shot or specialty defense rounds are what it was meant to shoot. Any single round (.410 slug or 45LC) is kind of a novelty. Its cool that it can shoot it them, Im a huge fan of firearms firing multiple calibers, but you always have to play to the strengths.