Taurus PT1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by lovemy1911, Mar 15, 2013.

1. lovemy1911

lovemy1911 New Member

Does anyone have any good, bad, or other news & issues with the Taurus PT1911

2. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I have had a pt1911 for almost 4 years. I have yet to have any issues with it at all. I also have a colt series 80, but it ussualy stays in the safe. So the tauras is the range and carry 1911. I guess there is a few thousand rounds through it and it is still very accurate. The trigger is crisp and the pistol handles well. The only thing I had to do was adjust the sights a little.

3. lovemy1911

lovemy1911 New Member

I just got mine & put 35rnds through it without fail. Although I have read several complaints before & after I purchased mine, I just wanted to know how true & accurate these complaints are. I also have a friend who couldn't get 2 magazines through his stainless PT1911 before sending it back. Then once returned the same issue; however since the second trip to the factory it has performed flawlessly for him.

4. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Only issue ive had with mine it has a cracked disconector in it. Run about 1000 rounds so far
    Every taurus and rossi ive baught ive had to adjust sights. 3 so far

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You'll hear about 50-50 good bad reviews--
    Seems like the good come from actual owners-
    The bad from non owners ;)

6. lovemy1911

lovemy1911 New Member

Thanks guys. When I shoot it more, I'll let everyone know how it continues to react

7. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Had one but traded it for something else. Excellent handgun for the price. Ignore all the negative crap, it's a good purchase.

8. indy36

indy36 New Member

I've got one in .38 Super. It's great.

image-3658393518.jpg

9. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I have one in 9mm, I've had it for around a month now. I enjoy it a lot, i also had to adjust the sights but easy task

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I've had a couple...The only issue I've seen or heard with any consistency has to do with the ambi safety. Sometimes they cna come loose if they where not set to well to start with. One of mine did it...just once. I tapped it back in and it never happened again. Other than that the pistol did everything it was expected to do and more. I would do long periods of time not cleaning it to see if it would mess up. Every type of ammo you can imagine. One of mine didn't like those Cor-Bon HP rounds but those things are like ashtrays with a primer anyway. After thousands of rounds I couldn't kill one. They are well made, well fit pistols.
    Some people don't care for the Hiene Straight 8 sights, personally I like them a lot. I always thought it was easier to stack two then line up three. But, sights are replaceable anyway...

11. lovemy1911

lovemy1911 New Member

Mine came with Novak sights. I had to do no adjusting.

12. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I have owned mine for over 4 years .45 acp in SS and never had any issues at all and even if I did they have a lifetime warranty even if you buy one used!
    It's very accurate and it eats whatever I feed it!

13. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I bought mine shortly after they came out. I've put over 4000 rounds without any problems. Mine has been a fantastic gun for the money.

14. stretchb1953

stretchb1953 New Member

i have had mine a couple of years now. couple hundred rounds of ball ammo through it with no problems at all. haven't shot any hollow points yet. just haven't seen the need to shoot those yet. been a great pistol so far.

15. kb67price

kb67price New Member

Had one for a year now. Love it. Never a problem.

16. Slick57

Slick57 New Member

I've had a PT1911 for close to three years. Love to shoot it, keep it handy at home, no failures to date (mix ball & HP). I make no pretense of being a 1911 authority, but I'm pleased with the purchase and the limiting factor has been the owner, not the weapon.

Attached Files:

17. lovemy1911

lovemy1911 New Member

I just tried taking the firing pin out of mine. The fire pin keeper plate will not budge. After using a brass punch & hammer I only managed to move it 1/16". I stopped trying I was afraid I'd damage it.

Does anyone know what I should do? I didn't see it hanging up on the extractor or any other part of the slide.

18. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Are you pushing the firing pin down at the same time?

19. lovemy1911

lovemy1911 New Member

Yes, on this particular model being series 80 the firing pin actually locks forward away from the plate. There's no interference there.

20. stretchb1953

stretchb1953 New Member

if i am correct, on the series 80 firing pin safety system there is a plunger on the bottom of the slide. push it in and push the firing pin in. it has two steps on the the firing pin. you must push the firing pin in all the way while holding the plunger. at a certain point the plunger will actually hold the firing pin in position allowing you to remove the firing pin block and firng pin. if it still doesnt work, i think you tube has a video showing how to remove a series 80 firing pin. hope this helps

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqz8abNDPAI[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013