taurus pt 638?

Discussion in 'Taurus Forum' started by greasefitn, Aug 8, 2013.

1. greasefitn

greasefitn New Member

I am considering buying a taurus pt 638 .380 for my concealed carry. But i was wondering whats the differance between the "pt 638" "pt 638 pro" and the "pt 638 pro s/a" if any at all? Or are the different sites just calling the same gun different names? Also if anyone has owned one or better yet used as your daily cc i eould appreciate some feedback on your thoughts of performance and how comfort to carry.

2. greasefitn

greasefitn New Member

Sorry in advance for the bad grammer and spelling....its hard to type on a phone lol

3. TX45

TX45 New Member

The terms all refer to the same pistol PT638 Pro S/A (Single Action trigger). However, you need to be aware that Taurus also made the PT638 D/A (Double Action trigger) like those sold by the Academy Sports & Outdoors stores.

4. greasefitn

greasefitn New Member

Ok that's what i thought i just wanted to make sure. Im trying to be more informed.... I have handled and used guns since i was a kid but im somewhat self educated poorly on topics such as calibers and models and other abbreviations and terminology used.... I was more taught of the safety and how to shoot rather than the technical terms for example you guys might say ".50 cal" where i just say " big ass bullet" lol but im trying to learn and i appreciate your insights.

5. TX45

TX45 New Member

I understand. [​IMG]