Taurus Millenium Pt140 Pro Problem :( Help...

Discussion in 'Taurus Forum' started by bigcaliberskill, Feb 18, 2014.

1. bigcaliberskill

bigcaliberskill New Member

So today I took my taurus to the range and Every time I fired off a round my magazine would eject. Does anyone know what's the problem here? And have anyone had this problem before? Please Help!!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

2. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Big, I have A PT-38 that the previous owner monkied with the safety and release springs, causing the gun to drop the magazine on the first three shots. I was the 2nd owner, but sent it to Taurus and they had it back to me in ten days all fixed, polished and working perfectly! If yours is new, it may have just been a "Friday gun" and needs to be returned. Follow Taurus online submission and they'll make it right fast.

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Return for repair

Big: Taurus has the best( or next to the best, right three with Ruger) CS in the biz. When and if you call it in before they send it back, ask for Kimberly(the CS manager ) and tell her you are a Firearms Talk member, and we told you to ask for her and you heard our interview with her boss. You might get it back even Quicker. :cool:

4. bigcaliberskill

Wow Ok, That's perfect. Thanks for helping me out you guys, ill make sure to call them first thing in the morning. Thanks again!

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Just one magazine does this? Or every magazine you have? I'd be sure it's actually the gun before sending it back.

6. bigcaliberskill

I don't know but I'm thinking its the magazine also. I'm waiting until Monday to test it out one last time before I send it in to Taurus.

7. DrFootball

Please keep us posted. Thanks.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if you have multiple magazines and all of them are doing it, then you may have an issue with the pistol. if only one magazine is doing this, then it's quite possible you have a defective magazine. call Taurus and discuss the nature of the problem with them.

9. DrFootball

Axxe is correct. If it's just one mag., it's most probably some sort of structural issue with the mag. Itself,..look for bent feed lips( at the mouth of the mag were the rounds enter the chamber). If it's just one mag you will possibly notice a bent section...

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Why wait till Monday, try wrestling out empty magazines now. If they drop out when shooting there's a good chance you can pull them loose from the mag release without pushing it. If they stay locked in place insert a full mag and see if you can pull it loose. Try this on all your mags.

Was it a full mag that dropped while shooting? Or did a partially loaded mag also drop? A full mag may need a good slap to fully lock in. If you download a round or two it locks easier. New mags are stiff and may need use/wear before they lock in when fully loaded. This is fairly common in a new gun.

11. DrFootball

Big: if you were in my corner of the world, we'd have one of the Smiths I know look at it after we took it out to the red rock desert...

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

I have the exact same gun with the exact same problem. Both magazines eject on every single shot, regardless of how I am holding the gun or how many rounds I load into the magazine.

I know Taurus has a good warranty. But I don't trust their CS after it took upwards of 8 months for them to send me replacement sights. I had to call them multiple times during that time.

I talked to a local gunsmith recently about the mags popping out issue. Well actually I talked to the Smith's wife. She's the front person for the store. Anyway she seems to think its probably a very simple and quick fix.

Personally I'm tempted to have a local fix it. Or maybe when I get to NC I'll just send it into Taurus to test their CS. I don't ever shoot the gun anyway.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

13. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

JW, occasionally Customer Service of every company runs out of the parts with which to affect repairs. However, if you called, they should have given you either a reason or a timeline. I have not found their CS to be that slow with either mine or customer guns in about eight returns. They even fix damage caused by owner stupidity, not only manufacturing defects, which I think says a lot for the company.

If it's not a frequent shooter, JW, you should send it back and document it for us. My 10-day fix-and-return to Taurus was about two months ago so you should get the same level of service. :D

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

I probably will soon(ish). I will keep ya'll posted.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

15. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

Damn, that's new, we were forced to part with our PT1911 cause Taurus blamed us for it's problem, it would hang up every magazine, even Chip McCormick and Pro-Mag, it'd make 2 shots, 3 shots, it'd lock up, slide would be in half battery, casing caught between slide and barrel, sometimes wouldn't completely eject. They blamed us for shooting the Steel Cased Russian ammo, saying it was inferior and voided our warranty even though it's not stated in they're manuals. Said it'd be a 12 week turn around for them to just LOOK at it and $60 to ship it to them.

16. DrFootball

Too bad you don't have it any more. Did their warranty say no steel cased ammo?

17. DrFootball

Happy to know that".......

18. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Mine did the same thing. Called Taurus they sent me a new magazine release and spring. Problem solved.

19. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

It's no secret that I am not a taurus fan. I did take a PT 140 Millennium Pro in on trade at the gunshow last weekend. I was amazed to find out that not only does it have a lifetime warranty but as the now owner, the warranty is still valid. Then the battery died in the Crimson Trace. I called Crimson Trace, they are sending a new battery(free)! The fit and overall workmanship on this pistol is far better than the early Taurus revolvers that formed my first opinion of Taurus. We (wife, daughter & I)have decided to take it out and shoot it and no, not as the target.

20. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I CC'd a model 85ss for 20 years . Great finish on it and the slickest trigger on ant snubby I have touched. We also have the C series TCP 380s and they have been very good. My wife has the new 9mm version Pt111G2. I get the chore of breaking it in and found zero issues with it. Accuracy is very good , great grip texture and the adjustable sets worked well . The mec-gar P226 18 round mag is reliable as a high cap back up.