Taurus Judge issues

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Gary1703, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Gary1703

Gary1703 New Member

:( Hi everyone here is my episode with Taurus. I bought the Judge Magnum in Matte stainless finish, brand new. When I shoot .410 rounds 2", or3" different brands they get stuck in the cylinder? The front fiber optic sight is very dull looking? Along the seam of the gun there are numerous burrs, the screws on the gun have burrs on them also. Under the trigger guard area there is a rough spot? Long story short I sent it back to Taurus with a thorough description of all the problems. I got the gun back from Taurus all the issues were still there, like they did not even touch it? Yet the paper with the gun said they adjusted the cylinder, and the extractor. Now when I spin the cylinder I see runout on the extractor rod, like they bent it? It is back at Taurus again, see how they do this time? There customer service to this point is VERY poor. They could care less, I requested someone in management call me about this whole ordeal.

2. Catfish

Catfish New Member

I know of 1 guy that bought a new Rageing Bull with a crack in the frame. It took 3 trips back and over a year before he ever got to shoot his new gun. I was about to buy a .45 Clot revolver, one of the lite weight jobs, but loaned the money to a friend who was with me to buy it. Best thing I`ve ever done. He had trouble with it and sent it back. When he got the gun back it did work, but had a cylinder for .45 APC in it. Took him about 9 mo. to get right. Let us know how you make out with their service dept.

3. Gary1703

Gary1703 New Member

Oh I forgot, one person on the phone at Taurus customer service told me "smooth shotgun shells, and high brass" only. I never seen this in any of their advertisements?

4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I had a Taurus .22 revolver that misfired 33% of every round-sent it to Taurus and 3 months later I got a replacement.One month later with the replacement,the transfer bar snapped off,so I sent it back and told them I was fed up and asked them to send me one of thier 9mm auto's instead,they said that they would ask the boss and let me know.Then a few weeks later a .22 revolver with a different serial number showed up at my doorstep-very illegal where I live.I had to get it registered and then I sold it to be done with Taurus.I now have a Ruger .22 revolver and am much more happy with that.

5. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

Sorry to hear that. You just fell into the the bad end of the hit and miss. I fell into that category too. I got rid of my judge. Better luck next time. For me it was permanent. I refuse to buy another taurus.:(

6. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Taurus wouldn't advertise any of their shortcomings, ever. The judge is nothing more than a novelty item and every firearm they produce could either be hit or miss. People keep on giving them chances because of their warranties, but if you have to keep sending your gun back, what good is it? It's not that much more expensive to go with a Ruger, Smith or Springfield even if its used you got a better chance of getting a quality firearm that would last a lifetime.

7. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

My Judge cracked after a few rounds of .45LC cowboy loads! Luckily the gunshop gave me my money back and I promptly reinvested it in a Remington 870.

I won't be buying any Taurus products in the future.

8. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

I've never owned a Taurus, but from what I can tell, if you get a good one, you'll be thrilled, and if you get a bad one, you'll be furious. As far as wheelguns go, I'll be sticking to Ruger and S&W.

9. Catfish

Catfish New Member

I was talking to a guy at the gunshop today. He said that the problem you were haveing was probly due to the ammo you were useing. There is some of the imported, I forget the brand, but it goes in pretty tight and swell bad when fired. If you stick to good ammo you should not have the problem. :confused: According to him.

10. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

If a gun can't eat anything (acceptable) its fed, then its not much of a gun. . .

11. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

I've owned several taurus'. I have never had a single problem out of any of them. I currently own a pt92 and pt92c and I love them both. I am sorry that all of you have had some short coming's with the brand but hey that's life. As for the taurus in question I have never fired a round out of one. though I have pondered the issue of being able to shoot .45 as well as 410 out of the same weapon was a good idea or not. Seeing how there is so many different powder loads out there, that all it would take is an inexperienced user to fire a hot load out of gun that would mere break it. Then complain to the manufacturer that the gun they have is defective. I love taurus guns and seeing everyones comment in this thread leads me to believe that I may be the only one here that does lol, But I personally think taurus slit their own throat when they developed this particular firearm good luck with the judge I know taurus will make good eventually

12. Gary1703

Gary1703 New Member

Here is the ammo I am using- Remington 7.5 shot, 3", Winchester Super X #4 shot 3", Sellier & Bellot 000 buck shot 2.5". I have not fired any 45 long Colt ammo through this gun.

13. Gary1703

Gary1703 New Member

:)Just got off the phone with Taurus customer service and the gun told me that Taurus is replacing the gun with a new one! My fingers are crossed that it is flawless? This is the customer service that I expect after buying a new firearm and having these type of issues with it. I tip my hat to Taurus for doing the right thing! I will update this post once I shoot my new gun! The guy told me it is on back order?

14. Gary1703

Gary1703 New Member

Need some advice, I just received the "new gun" from Taurus. I am not sure on how a manufacture can send a new firearm with a new serial number directly to my house? Must I get this transfered into my name? So I received the new gun, issue number one directly behing the hammer there is an area wher they did not bead blast and it is shiny. When I pull the hammer back I can hear a crackling noise like a spring. I never heard that before on my other new gun? What would you do, give me some opinions? Do I live with it if everything is ok after I shoot it? Or do I request another new gun? Thank you everyone.:(

15. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

Send it back again, don't settle, and don't buy another Tauras.

16. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Sorry for your bad experience. This is why I continually try and steer people away from Taurus. These things happen way too often. I've never personally owned a Taurus, (and never will) but I hear mostly negative reviews and the only positive ones are usually simply that they work. Ruger is not that much more expensive, especially if you get one used.

17. Gary1703

Gary1703 New Member

My replacement gun is shipping back to Taurus tomorrow 3/8/10. I wrote them a very descriptive letter, and again requested someone in management contact me about this whole ordeal. I also told them this is my last attempt to resolve this issue. Lets see what happens?:confused:

18. Gary1703

Gary1703 New Member

Well it is 4/1/10 I finally received another replacement gun from Taurus. This time it was sent to their headquarters in Florida to be inspected before I received it. Visually it looks alright, see what happens after I fire it? No apology in the box with the gun, or even a lousy free hat after all I have been through. I estimate I have been without this gun approximately 12 - 18 weeks?

19. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Great customer relations!

20. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I had a PT111 PRO. Weak primer strike. Kept getting worse. a bunch of phone calls and no response. I finally got someone on the phone. They mailed me a firing pin assembly. Charged me $11. Sent me one for a 24/7. Didn't fit. A bunch of calls later I get through again. I read my serial number over the phone. The lady says it a 24/7. I say it says PT111 PRO on the Slide in big letters. They send me another wrong pin.

Taurus Sucks!!!!!