Taurus handguns.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Zamzow, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Friend wants to buy a 40 cal Taurus. Not sure if these r a good handgun. If any body has any info please let me know. I recomended to him either the glock or the springfield xd. It's for home defense.

Zamzow

2. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I don't have any of those so no personal experience. But, just from what I've read by owners & shopping/handling pistols, while researching, I'd have to vote for the Springfield. That is mostly from what I have learned about their stellar customer service.

3. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I own a Taurus 617 and have never had a problem with it. I do know that they have a life time warranty on their products.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

[​IMG]

5. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

go with the glock or springfield, i would only recomend taurus revolvers i own both a revolver and semi and im currently saleing my semi.i also had taruus 92b also sold it.the one im saleing now is a millenium pro 40 cal.

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I'd price them vs Ruger and S&W, and Colt, all other things being equal, I'd

get the other brands.

Of course, many LGS and pawn shops near me charge as insane prices for

crap as they do for real guns, so YMMV...

7. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

not what again?

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

The Taurus thing - been beat to death-------------
    Got a graphic for that too :p

[​IMG]

9. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

well he asked for recomendations on taurus i think thats what hes getting.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

I really think that should be a .gif with the horse crapping itself at the end or maybe with each "whack".

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Hummm, good thought :cool:

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yeah- once a week, every week, four times (some months five) a month ----
    Wheres Cane- don't want to use his graphic - he's got a guddun :D

13. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

confused, guess im not getting your point.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

Taurus quality comes up frequently. It is most frequently argued by guys whose third cousin twice removed had a bad time with a used Taurus semi-auto, possibly due in part to some uberhot reloaded ammo from the local ninja loader.

My nephew and BIL have taurus revolvers and like them and have had no trouble with them. A couple of my buddies have had Taurus PT92's that were really nice. Taurus quality takes a beating on the interwebs; that said, i prefer Ruger for my revolvers.

15. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

well i speak from experience two semi autos purchased new both had problems,therefor i sold one and i am in the process of saleing they other now my revolver a model 85 has been flawless and is still in my regular carry rotation.i am not saying taurus is all bad just the two of three i have owned.i may even buy another down the road but not any time soon.

16. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Taurus is never my first choice when purchasing a firearm. But I am not against them. I have a .357 revolver and a pt111 millennium pro. Never had any issues with either one. The only "bad" ive ever heard of them is customer service. Like I said though, ive never had an issue with either weapon that required contacting CS.

17. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Unless it's a thread on a brand new gun...almost every gun thread anywhere is a rehash of something that's been posted ad nauseum.

18. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Get the Springfield, alot less headaches and you will be alot happier!

19. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

No that's not what I'm getting. I own a sprinfield. Did it maybe occur to u hossfly that its exactly what it says it is. That my friend wants the Taurus. I'm not a Taurus fan at all. My buddy is so I'm getting feed back from other gun fanatics so he can read this and hopefully change his mind. If it was gonna be for me I'd flat out say. I want to buy a Taurus. Why would I play games like that. Might be something u would do but I'm a little to old to play the my friend wants to buy this game. Seriously. People like u annoy me.

Zamzow