Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought my 3rd Taurus. My first was a .357 snub nose revolver SS. Then a PT-709 slim and finally a starter gun for my wife, a PT-22. I love them all. Extreme affordability was my first reason to buy this brand about a year ago. Now I have to say extreme reliability as well. Any one else with good Taurus results?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I have a PT 1911, it had issues from the minute I brought it home... The sear was bad straight from the factory, I sent it back and they fixed it for free, it took awhile though.

It used to jam a lot but after 500 or so rounds it smoothed out, which is pretty common for any 1911, I can't make it jam now. Taurus makes some good guns, their quality control is just subpar. I would buy another if given the chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Had mixed results with Taurus---mostly good :)
I will advise you give that PT-22 a real good workout with different ammo before trusting it :eek:

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have the 24/7 PRO DS .45, 740 Slim, PT609 9m, and the 738 .380 for the wife, have had no problems with any of them. Had the PT101 .40 but sold it to get something else. The only one I ever had any problem with was the little .25 that the wife first wanted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did have about 3 jams on the PT-22, but that was during about 100 rounds fired. I bought the gun used from my local gun shop and we went straight to the range. I didn't clean it first. I should have, but I have since cleaned it and polished the feed ramp and am ready to try it out again. . This time I'm expecting 0 jams. Wish me luck. My other two Taurus guns were zero jams or hangups right from the start. Several hundreds of rounds with different ammo in each, not a single hiccup.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I recently picked up a pt840, the only issue i had was with a mag. Called up Taurus and they had a new one on my doorstep in a week. Zero issues with the gun itself. Had to adjust the sight which is common and easy. Dead accurate now, love taurus guns now

·
Registered
4 Posts
A Taurus forum would be nice here. I have a new 24/7 OSS g2 compact and so far amazed at how Accurate the gun is with the 3.5 barrel. No problems with the gun yet.

Just need to find a good iwb holster and night sights for it.

Rob

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am considering a second conceal carry gun. I carry a Ruger LC9 but would like to have another as an option, so I am considering a 709 as my optional carry. I have heard a lot of good things about this handgun. So, I too think a Taurus forum would be nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 709 is an excellent choice in my opinion. Its great in many different ways. Easy breakdown and reassembly for cleaning and lubing, slim (less than an inch thick), perfect for pocket holster carry, reliable with different ammo, and only $299 for the blued one magazine version in the FS model. I later bought a second magazine which I recommend, but initially $320 after tax and background fee. That's unbeatable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These are my Taurus' and their pocket holsters. My other two are non-Taurus' so no pics. Lol

ForumRunner_20130128_072649.jpg

ForumRunner_20130128_072701.jpg

ForumRunner_20130128_072730.jpg

ForumRunner_20130128_072742.jpg

ForumRunner_20130128_072801.jpg

ForumRunner_20130128_072809.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I have a bunch of Taurus revolvers and semi-autos, a Model 85, a Model 431, 2 Model 441's, a PT-101, a PT-145, 2 PT-940's. I am quite happy with them, and have several more on my shopping list. The only problem I've had was on the PT-101, the magazine release was not properly seated as it came from the factory, which caused the magazine to drop down about a quarter inch when the gun was fired, preventing feeding of the next cartridge. I adjusted the magazine release and have had no other problems with any other Taurus gun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A Taurus forum would be nice here. I have a new 24/7 OSS g2 compact and so far amazed at how Accurate the gun is with the 3.5 barrel. No problems with the gun yet.

Just need to find a good iwb holster and night sights for it.

Rob
I have a 24/7 OSS Tactical in .45 ACP and several other 24/7 G1 & G2 pistols, I love them all. I've never heard of the OSS compact with 3.5" barrel. That's strange!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts