Taurus 85 and others range report

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by bikerlbf406, Dec 1, 2013.

1. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

Went to the range for probably the last time for the winter and shot my Taurus 85 that I recently acquired. Also shot my Taurus PT-25, Colt 1908 .25 auto, Cobra FS380 and Winchester 1400 MK II 12 gauge. The Cobra shot good as usual, however had some problems jamming, that I believe to be from cheap ammo. The Colt despite being from 1920, shot like a dream. The Taurus PT-25 shot like a dream, however a couple of times, the last round wouldn't eject all the way after firing, and I'd have to clear it myself. My aim was decent with all of them. Then I shot my Taurus 85. Let's say it was a very nice gun to shoot, had no problems, has a very nice trigger on it and was quite fun to shoot. Shot the most rounds through it at 100 rounds. For the first 70 or so rounds I had the same target from the rest of the guns up so I couldn't tell good my shooting was as it was already Swiss cheese. For the last 20-30 rounds I had a fresh target up and I could immediately tell that I wasn't hitting the target very well. Only hist it around a half dozen times and it was high on the target then for the most part. So I need to get some serious shooting time in on this particular gun and get it to where I can hit the target more before deciding if I want to use it for CCW or not. Then I shot my 12 gauge. Very fun to shoot and despite being an older cheaper mass produced semi-auto shotgun with a not so good rep, its a good old gun that hasn't let me down at all. I had the target set up approx. 10 yards the whole day.

2. softpoint

softpoint New Member

i have the taurus model 431. its the 44spl. it is realy nice for a cheaper gun .