Taurus 709 slim

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Thelt, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Thelt

Thelt New Member

Anyone have one of those. I have been looking at them online and think I want one.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

But, but....it's a Taurus???? [​IMG]

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I have the millenium pro and haven't had any problems, but the grip is way too small.

Taurus has a gazillion little autos.....

4. Thelt

Thelt New Member

I know Taurus has some haters, but I am not in the loop enough to know why. I like the size and style of the 709 though. I would like a small 9mm with a manual safety. A Kel Tec PF9 is nice but no safety.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You never know til you try, but I would look at other choices myself.

6. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Kahr offers a manual safety, and though they're pricier than the Taurus, it's probably worth it.

7. SgtSam

SgtSam New Member

Which Kahr has a manual safety on it? I have a CW-9 and there's no manual safety. All of them that I looked at the day I bought it, and there were a number of them, also didn't have any manual safeties. The only safety the Kahr has is the looooong trigger pull.

Sorry, don't mean to pick!

SgtSam

8. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Kahr Arms / 9mm Models / PM9 Series

First item on the page: Kahr PM-9 (Subcompact 9mm like the OP was looking for) w/ manual safety.

9. SgtSam

SgtSam New Member

:DOK! You got me! It's a new one that I was totally unaware of. Cool! I stand, or sit in this case;), corrected.

SgtSam

10. RevDerb

RevDerb Member

Nice LITTLE price too! :eek:

11. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

If you're getting a subcompact, you're getting it to carry and therefore you will be trusting your life to it. No price is too high for your personal "perfect carry."

12. Orlandorealtor

Orlandorealtor New Member

Just bought the 709 ss Slim for my wife. Gun shop we use gives us 30 days to try it out and we can bring it back for a full store credit if not satisfied. Said he had sold quite a few and no complaints so far, only compliments! Cleaned and oiled her last night, looked pretty well made. Will let everyone know how she shoots in the next week or so. Jerry

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Orlandorealtor

Don't need any extra mags, 2 is enough for my wife..

14. Orlandorealtor

Always send the warrantee card in, my gunstore said they would handle getting it to Taurus if there was a problem

15. Orlandorealtor

Keep us updated, Just curious what was the serial number on your gun? My is in the 92,000 range. Jerry

16. The_Rican

The_Rican New Member

What is the veridict? I have seen a lot of good reviews but was wondering what you think. I have been thinking about the new 740 Slim, .40 cal.

Thanks in advance.

17. Orlandorealtor

Unfortunately Verdict Below!!

Well we bought a Taurus 709 SS Slim. Took it to the range and it was a castatrophe. FTF,FTE,FTC almost every round. Then the trigger, You would pulll it back and keep pulling and then the gun would fire when it wanted to not when you wanted it to. So back to the Gunstore it went, Traded it in on a BERSA THUNDER .380 and could not be happier. First time to the range 100 shots and BANG everytime and very accurate. I know now why people that hae this Bersa say it is the best Bang for the Buck!! Jerry
    [​IMG]

18. kfox

kfox New Member

Bought one a couple of weeks ago

It has had about 200 rounds through it now with no failures to feed or eject. I have ran anything from new factory Independence ammo to Remington JHP and reloades with 125 grain lead tcfp to 115 ball ammo and 124gr XTP loaded light and heavy. ZERO problems wife really like it alot. It is much nicer to shoot than my PF9 on your hands, has 2 external safteys, and the trigger is OK. Only problem I had shooting it was I did drop the magazine down twice by the way I held it. Everyone that has shot it here really liked it. I also have a Taruas 24/7 PRO CDS 40 that I like. Waiting on a XDM Springfield now:)

19. jahpedro

jahpedro New Member

Okay, got the little pos back, using wwb ftf repeatedly. All other ammo shot great. So heres what im thinking, A)Fire 500 rounds of something other than wwb, and maybe trust it. B)Work out a trade @ Tuck's for a glock 36:confused: C) Put it in safe and forget it.

Sorry forgot serial # it's tcy91680

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010