Taurus 627 .357 mag for Ruger LC9

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by brokedick90, Jul 18, 2013.

1. brokedick90

brokedick90 New Member

Hi so this is my first post on here and I was just wondering if I could get some opinions. I am being offered a taurus 627 4" for a Ruger LC9 and I would like some opinions on this deal. The taurus would not be filling any particular role it would just be something different, and i know a taurus is not a smith or ruger so please just dot even go there, I know both of those guns are far better quality but all I am asking about are the ones in the title. Thanks
    -Daniel

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

About an even trade. I don't have experience with that particular Taurus but do have two of their revolvers and they are good solid guns. Check the cylinder lockup and if you can shoot it do so. I had a LC9 and didn't care for it. Didn't fill my hand and could never shoot it right.

Since you say the Taurus will fill no role other than something different, will you be looking to replace the LC9 with another or something else after the deal os made? If you're going to be replacing it then just keep what you have and buy a revolver outright later.

3. brokedick90

brokedick90 New Member

No I will not have to replace the Ruger. I carry a sig now so it would simply be something new to shoot. I like the Ruger and can shoot it very accurately and it is a good ccw but I don't carry it so I would like to have something new to shoot.

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Then I would make the trade. I love the .357/.38 round.

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I wouldn't make the trade unless the Taurus is just what you want. You aren't getting the upper hand on this deal. Taurus does not hold their value like a more desirable brand.

6. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Some Ruger's will hold value (Redhawk/Blackhawk), others don't...the LC9 is one that probably won't stand the test of time, given its issues.

What issues? You say?? Read the Ruger repair forums for that answer ;)

7. mahall

mahall New Member

Yes!! I read so many bad reviews on the lc9 I got rid of mine!! I would trade it for any decent revolver!! Taurus is gaining traction in the gun world!! But they are keepers not traders for the most part!!

8. brokedick90

brokedick90 New Member

Thanks for the input guys, I went ahead with the trade, so far I like the taurus much better, it has definitely been fired before I did so hopefully it is one of the good ones.