Taurus 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by awloe, Jul 26, 2012.

1. awloe

awloe New Member

I just got a new Taurus 1911 for my birthday. Bought myself a present. I have a couple of issues with it. First off it has Novak sights. I have never used them before. I used them like I use any other ( pumpkin on post). At 25 feet all my shot are grouped together great but they are all low by 2-3 inches. It is not just me. I have had others shoot with the same results. Sights are not adjustable. I just bought a Crimson Trace rail master for it. I am going out today to try it. My second issue is finding a holster for it. The gun has a rail and now also has the laser. Any suggestions would be great.

2. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Have you tried White Hat Holsters? I have never used one myself but am in the process of ordering one. Several of the members here spoke very highly of them. I emailed back and forth with their customer service department and they told me if they don't stock a holster for a particular gun they will custom make one. I have been very impressed with their attention and quick responses and as I said, several mambers here spoke highly of them.

3. cuba

cuba New Member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  4. awloe

awloe New Member

Thank you. I will check out both White Hat and iTac. And thank you for the sighting info. This is the first understandable information I have received. The diagrams make it crystal clear.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012