Tattoo Ideas

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by TrueNorth, Nov 6, 2013.

1. TrueNorth

TrueNorth New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently attended a fundraiser and won a free tattoo (obviously there's a limit on cost/size). Now I have a tattoo, so there's no fear there, but I wasn't really intending to get a tattoo - I'm not a big tattoo/piercing person. No piercings and I don't intend to get many tattoos.

I don't want to waste the opportunity however, so I'm considering getting another one. some basic ideas that came to mind are:

Iron Cross, Fleur de lis, a Maple Leaf, or the Canadian Coat of Arms. Not bad ideas, but nothing overly exciting there. So I figured I'd put a line out there and see if anything good comes from it. If anyone has suggestions let's hear it!

FYI, I'm thinking about more symbolic tattoos. Ie something simple and logo-ish like an Iron Cross, not a mishmash sleeve of things. Nothing stupid - ie no zombie-bikers riding a motorcycle with a naked chick....
    Preferably with a meaning attached to them - again Iron Cross / Fleur-de lis.

I'll think of something on my own, but I'm open to ideas. Feel free to show yours while we're at it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

You could sell it. ???

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you married? I have "fidelis" tattooed on my ring finger. My wife has "semper" on hers.

I'll buy you a year of supporting membership on the forum if you get FirearmsTalkForum tattooed on your body.

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I know a guy that has one tattoo. He told me it is the only one he will ever get. It is the word tattoo. :-/

How about a tattoo necklace?

5. AR10

AR10 New Member

You did not want one, now you want a second one.

And this is the species that rules the planet.

Sounds like a great marketing ploy, give away something to create interest, like samples in the grocery store.

Japanese saying, show you are a free man, walk away, show you are a man, get one, show you are a boy, get several, show you are an imbecile, get covered.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'm with Anna on this. Sell it, give it away, donate to charity!!! In my 65 years I've never been drunk enough to get one so a freebie tattoo isn't likely to tempt me now.

7. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Bah. Pay no attention to these naysayers. Get something that means something to you though, not just random ink.

8. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

A butterfly on the small of your back :p kidding. I'm with Delta on this one. Get something with meaning to you or you design yourself. Take your time on it and don't rush it through just because you got a freebie. Take some time go through the books get ideas and get creative.

9. stratrider

stratrider New Member

"Canada-'Murrica's Hat" :p
    I can't recommend a tat for ya man. I'd say go with your heart on that one. Maybe let it represent a life experience? Also, my avatar is one of my tats.

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I like a lot of the artwork I see in other peoples. But I never found anytihng I would want to put on me that I could say I would like forever. I'm always talking about how the old folks homes are going to be something to see in about 40 years.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Maybe you could trade the tattoo for a silk screened T-shirt that you can remove/discard easily when you get tired of it or when it fades and sags!

12. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Im a free woman then:D

13. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

"Mother" inside of a heart.

14. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

You could try something like this !................

Attached Files:

15. AR10

AR10 New Member

Very good, on many levels.

[​IMG]

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I love that, I would just want something different underneath. Like gears or a circuit board.

17. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

That is some really nice work. Even in a picture, the 3D effect is popping out at you. Which reminds me of another point I forgot to mention. Get lots of samples of his work. If the work he does is mediocre, it is better to walk away. That way you save the money of having to have a bad piece removed or covered up.

18. rurak

rurak New Member

That must have hurt. I have heard that anywhere on the foot is especially painful. That is some serious skill though

19. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I was going to suggest the same thing.

My wife and I have Celtic knot work for our wedding rings.

20. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

My next tattoo (I'm covered) will be the word itchy on my right "pointer" finger.