target killing today

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by jjfuller1, Sep 26, 2011.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well it was a nice sunny day so i decided id give my new setup a try. it was a little different getting used to using the scope sitting up a little higher but i found a good anchor point with my jaw bone. after a good shots to find i paper i got it set at fifty yds. as you can see in pic one. i moved to 100 yds and was needless to say a little dissapointed. after about 20 rnds i noticed my scope was slowly loosening. so i tightend it down and produced a group about the same size as the one pic. then i was all over again. i dont know if it was me or the setup or what. i was hoping for better results. maybe next time i'll try to really focus. i also noticed sight elevation adjustments were a lot different as the scope sits so much higher. but after a few rounds i figured that out well enough.. well a good thing is my buffer works great. i got a new heavy buffer and spring to help with my boing noise and when shooting today all i could hear was bang and then the bolt cycle. i was super happy about that. and no failures at all

Attached Files:

2. fmj

fmj Active Member

what were you shooting??

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

stag arms ar15 with my new 8x32x50 scope. i was using a carry handle mount. it was a little different but i think with practice it will be better

4. n8ball

n8ball New Member

i use blue loc tite on my scopes on my bolt guns, not sure if that would cure the loosened scope on an ar-15 handle mount

5. fmj

fmj Active Member

Yeah, i use "gun-tite" on all my sights.

That top picture is pretty dern good grouping to say the least.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yes sir. thats why i was so dissapointed. i know i have the ability. lol it just didnt work that day