TAPCO Single or Double Trigger Group?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by navysully, Jul 18, 2012.

1. navysully

navysully New Member

Hey everyone.

I am getting busy ordering parts to get my AK 922R compliant. I have noticed there is both double and single trigger groups. What is the difference between the two and which would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

2. msup752

msup752 New Member

The hammer release either has a single hook or a double. I replaced mine a few months ago. The Tapco trigger is well worth the money and I replaced in about 20 minutes with gloves and needle nose pliers.
    I found pictures on the Internet with a Bing search that shows both type sand what they look like. If I recall correctly, a single hook will work in all AK's but double hooks only work on double hook specific AK's.
    Mine was a single hook. I took all kinds of pictures and geared up for the worst. It was stupid simple to do other than I had to pull a pin out of order from the instructions to get the safety lever off. The only slight issues I had were the cuts from the spring (hence gloves) and jiggling the shepherds hook back in.

3. navysully

navysully New Member

Sorry for the elementary question, but is mine a single or double? This is my first AK :)

[​IMG]

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

You are talking the hooks and not stages, correct?

5. navysully

navysully New Member

6. navysully

navysully New Member

^neither looks perfect. Perhaps I am looking at something wrong. Do you guys need a new pic? Any guidance would help here.

It's a Maadi MISR S/A in case you are wondering.

7. msup752

msup752 New Member

The picture is blurry but I can see a single hook on the left hand side. It is not a double hook.

That matches my Maadi which was also a single hook.