Firearms Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on 6 of these for 110.99 with shipping.

That's $18.50 per mag.

I'd like to hears from folks who use these Tapco's... Any good?

... And how does $18.50 per compare to Pre Newtown prices?

Thanks!

Tack

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have 10 of them, 2 steels and one 40 steel i still grab the tapcos everytime i shoot they fit wonderful no wobble like steels and feed well even with bumping a full mag not a single fail to feed

·
Proud to be an American
3,810 Posts
Sometimes last year someone in the forum put out a notice about AK-47 Tapco mags for $6 apiece, and I bought 6 of them they seem to function fine in my Wasar-10, but in my opinion they don't snap in as easily or positively as the metal factory mags. Also when loaded with 30 rounds I cannot snap them in place unless the bolt is locked back, 29 is fine but its a no go with 30.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sometimes last year someone in the forum put out a notice about AK-47 Tapco mags for $6 apiece, and I bought 6 of them they seem to function fine in my Wasar-10, but in my opinion they don't snap in as easily or positively as the metal factory mags. Also when loaded with 30 rounds I cannot snap them in place unless the bolt is locked back, 29 is fine but its a no go with 30.
So... You have to hold the bolt to the rear to insert a topped of 30? Or... Is there an after market AK Bolt hold open available?

My CAI locks open but slams shut upon removing the empty...

Just curious... Do WASR's have a "hold open latch"?

Tack

·
Proud to be an American
3,810 Posts
So... You have to hold the bolt to the rear to insert a topped of 30? Or... Is there an after market AK Bolt hold open available?

My CAI locks open but slams shut upon removing the empty...

Just curious... Do WASR's have a "hold open latch"?

Tack
Not to the best of my knowledge, when I first purchased it the bolt would remain open if I pulled it all the way back and gently released it the bolt would remain open. I was assured this would stop after a little break in. Well more than 2000 rounds downrange it still holds open if I pull it all the way back and gently release the bolt. I have never had any feed or ejection problems with this rifle!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Not to the best of my knowledge, when I first purchased it the bolt would remain open if I pulled it all the way back and gently released it the bolt would remain open. I was assured this would stop after a little break in. Well more than 2000 rounds downrange it still holds open if I pull it all the way back and gently release the bolt. I have never had any feed or ejection problems with this rifle!
There is no bolt hold open on them, what you have is the same for all wasrs. Basically just a tight fit between the bcg and the receiver rails. They do make a selector that has a notch in it to hold the ch back

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I own 10 tapco mags. Not a single complaint out of any of them. I got some from the shop I was working at for $6 at that time and each one has personally seen over 200 rounds each since I've owned them. I'm pretty hard on them too as far as speed reloads and having them hit the dirt, concrete and gravel. Tapco doesn't usually have top notch products but their trigger groups and mags are impressive for the money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.