Tapco Polly 30 Round AK mags?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Tackleberry1, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I have a line on 6 of these for 110.99 with shipping.

That's $18.50 per mag.

I'd like to hears from folks who use these Tapco's... Any good?

... And how does $18.50 per compare to Pre Newtown prices?

Thanks!

Tack

2. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

pre newton prices varied but were 11-15 bucks.
    My friend has a lot of AK magazines and swears by TAPCO AK mags .

3. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I have nine of 'em. Great investment, Tack. Never had a problem with Tapco's AK mags.

4. muscledom

muscledom New Member

They're too perfect for me personally. They work great and fit perfectly snug. Idk why but I love the POS steel mags.

5. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I really like the Tapco AK mags. They fit better than anything else in my AK.

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I have had one that came with an AK that I purchased. It worked fine.

7. mymaro

mymaro New Member

I have 10 of them, 2 steels and one 40 steel i still grab the tapcos everytime i shoot they fit wonderful no wobble like steels and feed well even with bumping a full mag not a single fail to feed

8. Mark58103

Mark58103 New Member

I have four of them, not one failure!

9. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Sometimes last year someone in the forum put out a notice about AK-47 Tapco mags for $6 apiece, and I bought 6 of them they seem to function fine in my Wasar-10, but in my opinion they don't snap in as easily or positively as the metal factory mags. Also when loaded with 30 rounds I cannot snap them in place unless the bolt is locked back, 29 is fine but its a no go with 30.

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

So... You have to hold the bolt to the rear to insert a topped of 30? Or... Is there an after market AK Bolt hold open available?

My CAI locks open but slams shut upon removing the empty...

Just curious... Do WASR's have a "hold open latch"?

Tack

11. AtlantaGunsmithing

AtlantaGunsmithing New Member

The price is a little stiff, having live through other politically motivated shortages, I'd suggest you give it 60-90 days ... you'll see there'll be a glut.

12. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Last summer i paid $6 for them

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Thanks for the info guys... Think I'll hold off a bit.

Tack

14. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Not to the best of my knowledge, when I first purchased it the bolt would remain open if I pulled it all the way back and gently released it the bolt would remain open. I was assured this would stop after a little break in. Well more than 2000 rounds downrange it still holds open if I pull it all the way back and gently release the bolt. I have never had any feed or ejection problems with this rifle!

15. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

There is no bolt hold open on them, what you have is the same for all wasrs. Basically just a tight fit between the bcg and the receiver rails. They do make a selector that has a notch in it to hold the ch back

16. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

I own 10 tapco mags. Not a single complaint out of any of them. I got some from the shop I was working at for $6 at that time and each one has personally seen over 200 rounds each since I've owned them. I'm pretty hard on them too as far as speed reloads and having them hit the dirt, concrete and gravel. Tapco doesn't usually have top notch products but their trigger groups and mags are impressive for the money.