Tapco Intrafuse

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by robocop10mm, Aug 9, 2013.

1. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

On a whim, I picked up 3 Tapco 30 rd Intrafuse mags for my AK (I did not feel comfortable with only 4, 30 rounders. They seem to be well made. They fit and functioned perfectly. Anyone else have any experience with these?

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have one that came with my recent purchase and its been well ,well used . Really its pretty ragged on but it still works flawless . I found a place that has used Russian steel mags for $16 . I like these best they just seat up in the magwell a tad better but maybe thats because mines over used . Everyone I have talked to about mags says the tapco is GTG in the AK and works as well or better than most of the $30+ mags out there

3. 180baseball

180baseball New Member

People always smack of the "Crapco" magazines, but personally I find the TAPCO mags very sturdy and reliable. Also, they are dirt cheap!

4. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

I like my tapco 30s. The shells strip out nice and smooth and ive never had a problem with them after many hundred rounds. They have worked really well for me and I cant complain at all.

That said, these are not steel reinforced in any way. Ive seen tests where they will fail at the rear tab because of this. For cheap mags, they are great, but I wouldnt be going all 'combat' with them.

5. roberteast

roberteast New Member

I don't know why. They serve me well also

6. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I have 6 or so they work fine np at all but they only take 29 rds.
    They don't snap into place as nicely as the metal ones.

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have 3 of the 20 rounders for my SKS. Mine work perfectly. But they do not handle rounds that are as long as the original mag. I seat my handloads a little shorter so no big deal.

8. sunsoutgunsout

sunsoutgunsout New Member

I don't have any (yet) but I hear they work very well, and the material is far more reliable than plastic. I know that for the sks certain models need filling for compatibility, but then again tapco makes a universal magazine, and there are several varients of the sks. As for the Ak, i havent heard about any filling required, just ready to go out of the package!

9. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

They have strong bodies I've owned the AR version. Steel reinforcement not needed IMO.
    Other polymer mags have been used in combat by US military in AR's.

Buddy of mine is a big Ak guy and swears by them.

10. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

11. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I haven't done a whole lot of testing yet, but the Tapco mag for my Golani worked fine.

I wasn't super impressed with it when I first bought it. Just looked very flimsy and too "plasticky". Full disclosure, I have never used polymer mags before so I may have been experiencing some cognitive dissonance.

The Tapco mags feed just fine. When I was actually loading them they actually felt more solid in the hand then they looked in the bag they came in. It was really weird. If I put on a blindfold and loaded it, aside from feeling like plastic, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and my steel mags. Spring feels firm as you're loading rounds.

I'm interested in seeing how it holds up over time, but magazines really are supposed to be disposable so as long as I can get a few years out of them I should more than get my money's worth.

12. sunsoutgunsout

sunsoutgunsout New Member

Does anybody own an sks with the intrafuse stock? I see it comes with the handguard but not with the gas tube, so i would have to take out it out of the wooden handguard, which i have no idea how to do. But its an extra $150 to get the hanguard with gas tube plus the piston!