Tannerite?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by oldshooter, Jul 16, 2011.

1. oldshooter

oldshooter New Member

Anyone ever use this stuff? It says it's legal in all 50 states but you might get hassled for disturbing the peace. After the first of August I will send a report and hopefully a video. My son sent me 10 pounds of the stuff.

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

It does make an awesome explosive visual. Looking forward to the report and video. :cool:

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sorry- I work with commerical explosives. We SPILL more than 10 lbs! :p

4. oldshooter

oldshooter New Member

spillage

spill some of that my way? I have some huge tree stumps to remove.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, shooter- but if you think the BATF is a pain, you have never had to deal with the BATFE. Although to tell you the truth, I would not shoot a stump on my own property- too easy to remove one with an empty 55 gallon drum with no ends- place over stump, sitting on 3 bricks to hold it raised a couple of inches- fill with dried brush, cup of chain saw fuel, match. The draft is incredible- drum will turn straw yellow. Keep adding a branch or two, burn out the stump.

I keep ANFO, cast boosters, and 40% for the rocks that are too big to remove. THEY won't burn!

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

There was a guy that got a knock on his door he didn't want when he blew up a large amount of tannerite to close to a Nuclear plant.

I've used it, it's lots of fun for targets at a distance, you know right away if you hit your mark. Search Youtube for videos. I think that about 1/2 to 1/3 what they suggest is plenty for making a big boom and having fun.

I blew up a knife with tannerite. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/epic-shooting-day-29413/