Taking on the NRA and the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mseric, Jun 13, 2014.

1. mseric

mseric New Member

LT Col. Robert Bateman has had enough of the NRA and the Tea Party.

He is coming home to take on the NRA, gun owners and the Tea Party in hopes to save America.

THAT'S IT. I AM COMING HOME.
    The NRA has made mass killings normal in this country. I'm coming home from years of serving my country overseas to help stop it.

No. I am coming home. I need to be there and be part of the solution. Moms Demand Action is getting some traction, but they can use the lean-in of a few U.S. Army Airborne Infantry Rangers. I am only sorry that I did not stand up to this threat to our nation before. I am sorry. I was busy.

I have been overseas in Afghanistan and in NATO nations for half a decade while the insanity of the National Rifle Association expanded and exploded, and the NRA became, essentially, the tool of death in the United States. They made mass killings normal.

Well done, NRA. But this **** is too much.

Constant cop-killing, by people who echo the NRA talking points and the conspiracy theories of the Internet wackos.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/i-am-coming-home

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Who are these cop killers who echo NRA talking points? I only know of two skinheads who wanted to kill cops. If they happened to use a line promoted by the NRA so be it. They are not representatives of the NRA anymore than this guy is a representative of the Army Rangers.

3. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Typical progressive/commissioned officer mentality, "Am better than you and I know what is best for you"! I saw it many times in my military and LE service!:(

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The colonel is poorly informed, and he has a short mental fuse. He lumps together the Tea Party and the NRA. He taunts us that only "wimps need guns." His imaginary opponents are "little boys" whom he dares to "come and get him".

The tony Esquire published the rant as "raw and authentic". That's what they do, kind of like teenage girls riding an ugly Jeep. I wouldn't worry too much about the letter. A couple of notes to self, however.

First, don't be like him. He is a mirror image of many right wing "revolutionaries" supposedly on our side. Just the opposite polarity. Be informed, compassionate, and level-headed. Can we do that?

Second and last. This will ruffle some feathers. Do not worship the uniform. Support and admire the military, but don't look up to every member of it just because. A distinguished officer may well be a sanctimonious, controlling *****, who would love to march you in lockstep. Judge each man on his merit, not membership.

5. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Hey now, there's no need to be so insulting. I personally really like teenage girls in jeeps! :p

Seriously though, who is this clown? And I agree with your last statement. I respect anyone that has served, even this guy, but I completely disagree with him and think he's a idiot.

6. SB777

SB777 New Member

Ditto to that!

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The first thing that any officer should know is to rely on the old Sarge who has been around.

He sounds like he doesn't realize that there are a lot of civilians who probably have been in worse situations than he has.

Again, he could be bucking to become a general and needs the blessing of this administration.

8. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I used to subscribe to Esquire and GQ to get culture, many moons ago. I don't touch them now with a ten foot pole.

9. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

That's a smart move on your part, but no need to be insulting the ladies by comparing them to that BS :p Or more importantly, insulting jeeps!

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

First, let's put this in perspective- there are presently 8,633 LTCs on Active Duty with the US Army. Not an especially exalted or scarce grade.

Secondly, he is not a combat vet. He has been a "strategist". See the folks that helped bring about the debacle taking place as we speak in Iraq.

Third, the bozo needs to go back to his Officer' Basic Course, where you are taught about things like Posse Commitatus- which limits involvement of the US military in civil affairs.

Finally, this legend in his own mind needs to return to the first grade, where you are taught to count. As in count the number of firearms owned by the US military, and the number owned by US civilians. A large portion of which are veterans. COMBAT veterans.

douchebag1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  11. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

Isn't Esquire that "men's magazine" that has tons of pictures of bare-chested Brad Pitt wannabe models and hardly any pictures of women? Unless you're in the market for a $9500 watch, there's no need to read that rag.

12. mseric

mseric New Member

“We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them. (Weapons of historical significance will be de-milled, but may be preserved.)” — Lt. Col. Robert Bateman writes in his Esquire piece, “It’s Time To Talk About Guns And The Supreme Court”

Five of the nine members of the Supreme Court agreed that the part in the Second Amendment which talks about “A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State…” did not matter. In other words, they flunked basic high school history.

The lengths to which Justice Scalia had to go in his attempt to rewrite American history and the English language are as stunning as they are egregious. In essence, what he said about the words written by the Founding Fathers was, “Yeah, they didn’t really mean what they said.”

You have got to be fking kidding me. Seriously? You spent nearly 4,000 words to deny the historical reality of thirteen words? That, sir, is an embarrassingly damning indictment not just of you, but of an educational system that failed to teach history.

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2013/12/lt-col-robert-bateman-will-pry-guns-cold-dead-fingers/

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If a flag rank officer is not willing to order the death of American citizens the current administration will dig up something to have him removed. This Bateman guy leaves no doubt that he would nuke a major US city.

Bateman’s logic hinges on the assumption that the 2nd Amendment is irrelevant because government has provided the people with a State-controlled “militia.” To accept his point of view however, one must accept that the Amendment never contained any words beyond “a well-regulated militia.”
    Lost on Bateman, it seems, is that the historical context surrounding the creation of the United States Constitution — and especially the portion that is the Bill of Rights — is very important to 2nd Amendment advocates. And it doesn’t take a massive leap of logic to deduce that the men who signed the Constitution might have had a bit of trouble in seeing the benefit of a completely Federalized militia (the National Guard) to the people of a free State.
    The Nation’s Founders weren’t averse to the idea of government being able to provide for the defense of the Nation with a military machine. But the Constitutional answer to whether a Federal army should exist was undoubtedly a compromise.

http://personalliberty.com/an-oath-...ld-pry-your-guns-from-your-cold-dead-fingers/

If you ever need to quote the founding fathers here is a wonderful resource.
    https://archive.org/
    James Burgh was an anti federalist who's writings had a major influence on the bill of rights.

http://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Burgh%2C%20James%2C%201714-1775%22

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  14. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Bateman is trying to ingratiate himself with the liberal leftist elite, probably wants to get laid by an actress or invited to parties. He saw an opportunity for self-aggrandisement by slithering into his own niche, that of a fighting Superhero for the Leftist gun-grabbers.

Ignore him, he's a dick.

15. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

LTC's are a dime a dozen and one rift from becoming a SSG if they are allowed to continue their service after being passed over (nothing worse than a recycled c-officer in the NCO pool, like boobs on a boar hog)! 21 years of service to my nation and state have only reinforced the fact that a US Army Patch doesnt mean squat by itself if the person under it was born an a**hole, they will be one all their life and die as one in the end regardless of a patch they may sew on their clothing.

As others have said, he's trying to impress someone, anyone and he has no audience where he gained his Oak Leaf. It wont be the 99.5% of legal weapon owners that dont kill innocent people that listen and agree so he only has everyone else to pick from. He's a Liberal and no problem with dis-empowering and disenfranchising 99% of LAC's to try to thwart the weather equivalent of a localized Tornado in Gnome Alaska (or an Ice-storm in Hades)! He needs to find a new line of work, if he is in the field in a combat zone, guys like me would have a hard time not saluting him, (by mistake of course), Sniper Check!

16. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

There will be more. The screen actors are long in the tooth, now the stage is calling for real men of risky professions. The void in a spotlight fills quicker than a broken toilet. Frankly I have been wondering what takes them so long. We gave them plenty of openings by the irresponsible statements and actions from the radical right.

We need to stay calm, not get shrill. Personal attacks and long verbal excursions don't work. I want to see monthly NRA briefs, maximum three paragraphs each, in clear and transparent language. It is not the forum choir we need to persuade, it is the other 300 million.

17. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Come ahead Colonel. The NRA dosen't back down from anyone, including you.

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't know how many of you are familiar with CSIS (Center for strategic and international studies)

It is an organization of bitter, disgruntled, anti military veterans that are liberal to the point of being borderline anti-American.

Mostly one and two star generals and admirals that think they rightfully should have been 5 star guys, and majors and Lt. cols. that thought they should have retired as colonels or brigadiers..

19. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

You sure Loc? They like sending 300 advisors to Iraq as a 1st step (!). They're anti Russian on Ukraine. Don't seem to deal with domestic issues. Sam Nunn chair. What am I missing?

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe they've changed in the last 3 or 4 years since I looked at them.

In the past, they were pretty hard core left wing.

I can't imagine Sam Nunn being a part of the old group.:confused: