Taking guns from Vets

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by customammo72, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usmarine3533

usmarine3533 New Member

I can't even begin to express how much this upsets me.

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

The Lefties saw a chance to ban firearms from a segment of the population. This tirade against veterans is just being used as an excuse to deny gun ownership to a block of people! It's disgusting.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

this is totally wrong and it more than upsets me, it angers me! men and women who took an oath to defend our country and our Constitution being treated this way is beyond criminal.

i hope he sues everyone involved and wins a huge settlement for the wrong they committed towards him.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Take a look at the website. A hard look.

I would have a very hard time believing anything they put out, without independent verification..

They sound a lot like "infowars" and "Canada free Press.".

5. customammo72

customammo72 New Member

Ha ha ha! Trust me I have first hand experience that this is happening for a fact, I am in a battle right now with this happening to my wife who is also a combat vet with PTSD.... She got a letter saying she was incompetent to handle her own funds, firearms, etc.... I had to "remove all weapons" wink wink of course except for my duty weapons which had to be kept locked in the vehicle safe at all times unless it was in my direct control. It is happening, just slowly.

6. 1911love

1911love New Member

That's true evil at work. These men and women defend our 2A rights, but are denied their 2A rights.

These dirt bags keep pushing and what is going to happen? What if all the abused vets coordinated an armed response to being constitutionally violated?

IMO, these politicians are playing with fire while soaked in gasoline.

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Those guys are more malicious than Alex Jones at infowars.

i'm a severely disabled veteran and Army retiree. i can tell you the link is bull$hit. The only time the VA gets involved is when a veteran is deemed unable to manage his own affairs. In these cases the veteran is declared incompetent and a fiduciary is appointed to manage his financial affairs. In the vast majority of cases the veteran or his family asks for the ruling.

The link is to a political rant. Do some googling and find out the VA budget is much larger today than at any other time.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=34265

BTW: i know a few vets i would not go near when they're armed with a gun; they are true fruitcakes.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  8. yayamamasami

yayamamasami New Member

image-843908713.jpg

Someone's been partaking

image-364880737.jpg

Another

image-3175646517.jpg

More!

image-2809685551.jpg

It's a party now!

image-871730653.jpg

Finally!! Someone that doesn't just drink whatever is offered to him!!

It's a crock! You have no idea the history of the guy that was checked up on. You just assume he's a vet so he's ok! I have guys in my unit right now, active duty, that are not allowed to carry their weapons and I hold some of their weapons cards for them until the doctors clear them. I can see these guys getting boarded and hopefully, never getting to own a weapon, ever!!! Real head cases!! Stop drinking the cool aid just cos its there! Talk about sheeple!!!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  9. jp_over

jp_over New Member

Same reported here:

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/di...iving-or-transporting-a-firearm-or-ammunition

And check this out: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51082152/

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The VA is not sending letters out to combat veterans who have been rated 100% permanently and totally disabled from PTSD that they cannot own or possess firearms. Period. The OP is pure internet bullsh*t. The VA does not have the authority to make or enforce the law or confiscate personal property.

If you have been adjudged mentally incompetent by the law it is illegal for you to possess firearms whether you are a veteran or not.

Get a grip.

11. 7point62

12. 7point62

THIS is fact.

13. jp_over

jp_over New Member

I'm curious, anyone have any info about this organization (redflagnews.com)? I'd just as soon not pass their links along if someone has proof/data that the site's news is not accurate:

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/critical-update-on-veterans-gun-rights-issue

I've got to admit, simply because one is a veteran who has not received a letter such as we've been discussing doesn't indicate that such letters are not going out. The VA is very private about individual cases (rightly so) and you wouldn't know about cases other than your own or people you've spoken with directly.

Just trying to find out some more info. I need time to plan my move to an undisclosed small island in the middle of nowhere if they come after me and my guns. :D

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

When you read the name of a webpage and something like "red flag" or "patriot" or "real truth" or "free anything" inflammatory comes up, that should make you very wary.

15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

If this stuff were true the Disabled Veterans, The American Legion, The Veterans of Foreign Wars and The Vietnam Veterans of America would be raising holy hell. The fact that the veterans organizations are not raising holy hell should throw up a red flag.

Yep, the VA continues to have many issues. This is not one of them.

Its very strange that Codrea is peddling this phoney stuff while our Second Amendment rights are under attack in numerous states. This year CO, CT and NY have passed draconian gun control. Other states are poised to enact strict gun control while Codrea fiddles around.

16. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Let's stick to verifiable information. The fear mongering must stop. The Alex Jones Kool-aid is hazardous to your mental health.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.