Firearms Talk banner

Taking a break going for grandaughters first deer

592 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  1911NUT 
#1 ·
Been cutting splitting laying in wood for two days and I'm pooped as well as messing up my back again and busting a foot. Sprained bruised not broke.
So I'm forgetting about wood, from now till Monday.
Went got my 13 yr old granddaughter and we are going deer hunting Fri Sat and Sunday.
Hopefully to get her first deer and lay in some winter meat also.

But if we get nothing, we will get to spend some time out in the woods together.

Anybody else have a child they took deer hunting this season??

#3 ·
When my son was younger, some of the best "hunts" we ever had didn't produce any meat.

But they did produce many good, lifelong memories of campfires, stars, coyotes howling in the distance, talking about life, bonding and much, much more.

Ghost, I hope your granddaughter gets a deer, but even if she doesn't even see one, both of you will have wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.:)

#4 ·
Ghost, bless your heart and soul... My grandkids are still too young. But I can't wait for that day when ol'Papaw can take them out for some quality time in the east Texas woods. I'm jealous and envious. Like I already said God Bless you.

Reactions: Ghost1958
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.