take down recurve

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by wmille01, May 18, 2011.

1. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I was looking at getting one, there not that expensive and they look fun. I don't really bow hunt that much anymore and my long bow has a limb that is starting to warp. So any suggestions?

2. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Why not get a starter compound bow?

3. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I got a compound that I use to hunt with but I really like shooting old school bows better just more of a challenge. One reason I wanting one is I can just shoot any arrow fetching type with out cutting up my hand.

4. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

5. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

thats too bad i just gave away my old fred bear recurve away.

6. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I was looking at the same bow but I didn't know anything about it, never heard of these types of bow until last week and really don't know much at all about them.

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

YOU GAVE AWAY A BEAR BOW!! :eek: Wish I was there... I sold a Bear Tamerlane about a year ago on ebay with both limbs twisted, and a couple of cracks for over $200. I wish i still had the bow though, or could buy another one, (it was the nicest looking recurve id ever seen) But if someone is willing to pay $200+ for a "wall hanger", Id hate to see what nice ones go for..... :(

Im looking for a Bear Tamerlane or a Bear Temujin. Both are named after great Mongol leaders... (Temujin = Genghis Khan)

Last edited: May 19, 2011