Take care if coming to Europe

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Had a conversation today with a good friend of mine who is still a serving officer in regiment. He told me they are expecting a terrorist attack somewhere in Europe but they believe Americans will be specificaly targeted.

Take care my friends.

Davyboy

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Good heads up Davy. It is a great reminder to all Americans who leave the country. Stay safe and watch your back.

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

You too Scully

Thanks my friend

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I checked my calendar and I don't see a visit to Europe, least not this year.:D

5. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I will remember this. I am going to EU by myself here next spring to visit a friend in Austria and 3 friends in Lithuania. I'll be staying with them though.
    Hopefully these countries are small enough not to be big targets like France, Italy and Germany.

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Austria is not small as far as European countries go. If you don't spend alot of time in the major cities, then you should be fine. Better yet, buy a bunch of Canadian flag patches. Sew them on your clothes and luggage. Finish every sentence with "eh" and the terrorists will just think you are Canadian.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Try not to rent a car (horror stories were in Florida how tourists were identified). Be aware of your surroundings. I never know if I have to go at a moment's notice, so I try to stay prepared.

8. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Be aware you will almost certainly not be armed.

9. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Here is the official line

Intelligence officials have intercepted a credible Islamist-linked terror plot against Britain.

The threat is one of "a succession" of terror operations the country has been dealing with over the past weeks, a government official said.

The planned attack would have reportedly been similar to the deadly commando-style raids in Mumbai, India, two years ago, with other European cities, in France and Germany, simultaneously targeted.

More than 170 people were killed during a 24-hour co-ordinated attack on Mumbai by 10 gunmen in November 2008.

One UK government official said: "There have been a succession of terror operations we've been dealing with over recent weeks but one to two that have preoccupied us.

Another British official would not confirm the plot was "al Qaida inspired" but said there was an "Islamist connection" and that the plots were in an early stage.

The question begs: What will the UKs response be, from both its people and politician's, when one of these outrages succeeds?

10. Shihan

I am always armed.* ;)

*See first sig line

11. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

True about Austria. I still think it is small as crap, and so does my friend. lol
    Off topic story but funny as hell.
    He was a foreign exchange student last year to Southern Ohio. He is absolutely fascinated by the red neck culture. He was like, "They like to drink beer just like us but you drive awesome rusty trucks through the mud (mudding), play baseball and eat sun flower seeds!" Another one of his favorite things that we do is drink beer and fish. When he left he was wearing a camouflage hat, boots, chewing sun flowers seeds and carrying the Rebel Flag. I bought him a full size Rebel Flag in Savannah. I am told it currently hangs in his room.
    It was odd though. You will never hear a funnier accent than a German one mixed with hillbilly. "Und I ain't guuna du dat."

Why eh? I could just buy an ushanka while in Lithuania and blend into the crowd.

In all seriousness though, I am going to be very careful. I think it would be a little odd to be covered in Canadian flags though.
    I am mostly German and I will be in the Austrian countryside so hopefully there will be no problems. I will, however, be in the capital of Lithuania. -_- So yeah, not cool. At least I will have 3 girls to help me stay out of trouble.
    My good friends father kept on driving on the right side in England.
    I will not be driving. I have been told that transportation in EU is way different than it is in America. The Lithuanian girls couldn't believe it that they had to drive to a city a lil over an hour away instead of taking a bus or a train.
    I like to walk urban and cross country. I done 17 miles the other day. My favorite places are usually old industrial era places. So yeah, ever watchful. Luckily my only problem has been feral dogs. -_- I just make sure I look poor so that people think I am poor. Problem is, how do I not look American..... look poor?

12. Shihan

Don't be a hoser, Dress like these guys, eh.

Attached Files:

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Uh, don't they have "man purses" in Europe? :)

14. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

The force is with me eh.
    Question, will they think I am an American if I release moths in the cinema during a movie?

15. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Its not a purse its a satchel. Indiana Jones wore one. LOL

16. Shihan

Whatever makes you feel better about your Purse.:D

17. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

18. doctherock

doctherock New Member

That was a quote from the movie The Hangover.

19. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

"i hate godzilla, i hate him!!!!!" "he destroys the cities!!!!!!"

20. suprdave

suprdave New Member

"He's Yanking his little weenis!"