Take a virgin shooting

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mybigguns, Apr 13, 2013.

1. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

One of the best ways we, as activists, can fight the anti gunners is to take someone shooting who has never fired a gun before.

I propose that in this thread, we post when we take a newbie shooting, what we had them shoot, and if their experience was a positive one that may make them a potential gun enthusiast.

2. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

Today I took my brother in law to the range and had him shoot an Xdm 9mm, a Springfield 1911. 45. And a LMT AR-15.

At the end of the day he suggested we bring his 2 sons with the next time we go.

Overall it was a great day even if it was a little cold and windy.

3. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

It's real hard trying to find someone in rural Texas that has never fired a gun.

4. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

Then find someone from urban Texas.

5. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Urban Texas is too damn far away

6. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Absolutely!

I try to do it whenever I have a chance!

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am trying very hard to get my daughter to go to the range with me.

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I do not think my wife will not allow me to take a virgin to the range.:eek::p

9. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

I think this is a great idea, although we Arizonan's do love our guns, so I might not get opportunities too often ;)

10. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I'm taking a guy from work to the range next week, he's never even held a firearm.

Of course the #1 lesson will be safety, I have a few .22s I'll start him on before I move up to the 9mm and so on.

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Couple of weeks I took an anti anti anti 2A person to the range. Went to a club that a friend belonged to. He wasn't a virgin, as he had shot in his home country of England... just doesn't understand the need to own and carry, but getting worried about protecting his family. Between the two of us, he had the opportunity to try about a dozen different firearms, and is seriously considering buying one.

12. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

The experiences I've had with virgin shooters has convinced me that (assuming they make the basic mistake 99% do) the 1st thing to do is, sit them down, hand them an unloaded gun, yell "FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!!", take the gun back, and do it about 100 more times, or more if it required.