Take a Look at the CA Roster of "Approved" Firearms

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by CA357, Aug 7, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the infamous "list". In some cases, a blued model handgun is okay, but the same gun in stainless isn't. Or vice versa. :rolleyes:

This will give you an idea of the dumb crap we have to put up with here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia.

To add insult to injury. There are many handguns that are "offlist" but are allowed to be purchased by LEO's that we citizen peasants may not own. Sig P238's among others.

Want a Ruger SR1911 or a Remington R1? Nope, not on the list.

Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale - Firearms Division - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

2. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I would NOT live in that State sounds worse then NY AND NJ.

3. CA357

Believe me, if I could leave, I would.

4. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

We are visiting here in Morro Bay and I left my guns at home to avoid whatever crazy laws CA has. I miss living in the state but don't miss the laws.

5. opaww

opaww New Member

I have seen that list and it is just nasty

6. armoredman

armoredman Member

Plenty of room in AZ if you ever break away, or good luck to you in your fight there, whichever is the case.

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I had a co-worker retire from the military after being notified of orders to California. He said no and dropped his paperwork and it was approved, served 22 years.

From the list a majority of his weapons were not approved.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Hey! I have one of those too! :mad:

9. CA357

It's onerous for sure. The firearms manufacturers must submit a number of handguns to be "tested" and fees must be paid to the State before a handgun can be "approved" for sale in California.

However, on the bright side, I'm hopeful that the Chief of Police is going to approve my CCW. I should know pretty soon.

10. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

thank god I live in the state of Kentucky, there are very few things that we can't own that shoots bullets. I would go crazy to live in the anti gun hell known as kalifornia.

11. towboater

towboater Active Member

Can't blame him. I lived there from 86 to 89. It wasn't too bad them. Cali is the land of fruits and nuts.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Out of curiosity, if you were well-funded, what would stop a Cali inmate er citizen from having their firearms in a out-of-state storage facility for use out-of-state?

I have no intention of ever living in that beautiful state, but i would be quietly holding onto my firearms, should i ever end up there.

13. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It's the reason I left California. It just got to be too insane what you were being told to think.

14. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Yeah Texas does that to. They won't let us own RPG's or hand grenades haha:)

15. CA357

Some people here do keep some of their firearms in Nevada. However, I want mine where I can put my hands on them at any time. I don't necessarily have everything I would really like, budget considerations aside, but I do have what I need.

16. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

CA

A little inside industry information. The testing is why you never saw any Rock River Arms Custom Pistols sold in CA. The cost of building a true custom 45 pistol is not cheap. And then CA wanted several sent for a test so they could drop them and destroy the weapon basically. So RRA told them what the could do with their testing program! Not doubt they certainly would have passed since they are hand built and customized by Pistol Armorers at the plant. Of course they are not in production anymore but I was advised by Rock River Arms they still have a few left. I believe they were as a result of some orders for them that possibly due to the economy the people who had ordered them cancelled the orders after the build was already started on them. And probably from the parts they had left over prior to deciding not to continue to build them due to cost.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  17. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The State says the list is for "Safety". But LEOs are exempt from the list.

I'm looking forward to the day that a LEO lights some dirtbag up with a gun that our State has decreed is "unsafe".

The lawsuit from that case will cost the State even more money that we don't have, and it will get the "Roster of Approved" handguns thrown out.

Only a matter of time.