Tactical Shotguns & Hunting?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by fxstchewy, Apr 5, 2008.

1. fxstchewy

fxstchewy New Member

Do you use you Tactical Style SG for hunting and whats been done to it? do you think it limits you in any way? Chewy

2. bkt

bkt New Member

It depends on the configuration and what/how you're hunting. A short 18" barrel with no choke may be at a distinct disadvantage over other guns.

3. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

IMO, the two should not cross over, two very distinct applications. Unless you are limited to only one gun - then a bbl change and of course mag plug is a must to transition between the two.

4. WMW0505

WMW0505 New Member

I've never taken mine out hunting. But make sure you get a mag plug before you do anything.

5. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

Do you have to have a mag plug or just not have more than three shells in the weapon?:confused:

6. gnoll

gnoll New Member

well i just bought another gun dident want to have that short of a barrel

7. glockfire

glockfire New Member

I use my Tactical 870 for hog hunting, helps move around quickly in the thick Oklahoma brush. Since hogs are usually within slug range, I dont usually have a problem hitting em.

8. poolshark13

poolshark13 New Member

forgive me for not remembering the state, i used to hunt a lot in kansas and missouri, i cannot remember which one requires you to have a plug limiting you to 3 shells. i do not know if this is something that is federal, or applies state to state. for best answer, call your local law enforcement, or game warden.