Tactical rifle?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by sandisk8000201, May 4, 2012.

1. sandisk8000201

sandisk8000201 New Member

hi im kevyn and im new to the forum anyway since the people around seem friendly ^^ i'm going to ask some questions these questions may seem kiddy and all but please dun bash me.Anyway i just got my firearms license in down under and it isnt very much different from the U.S i think...anyway i'm back in my home country and took up some odd jobs and saved for a rifle have about 1.7k usd saved up and I want to buy a rifle.Not just any rifle(here's the kiddy part)but a cool *** rifle that is like modern?Dun really know how to put it but something along the line of a remington defence MSR kinda look and it has to be a bolt action cos i dun have a semi-auto license.Any help would be appreciated oh and I would most probably like a rifle that can not only look good but is accurate as well.Thx i adv sry for the long post

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Tale a look at the Remington 700 SPS.:)

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Welcome!

It's not a MSR, but a Ruger scout rifle looks kinda like an M14.

Also, being an Aussie, you have to have at least some appreciation for the Lee Enfield rifles, a must have in my opinion. Though its not tactical, with your budget, you could get both.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

5. SafariSam

SafariSam New Member

as far as tactical rifles go i like the Weatherby Mark V TRR RC(Range Certified)camo and Mark V TRR Custom Magnums best. Black Diamond rifles and H-S Precision also make some great tactical rifles. these rifles may be a little more expensive and cost more than what you have saved up but i don't think there is anything wrong with saving up more money and taking a little more time to get great quality rifles. hope this helps. also the cartridges i like best for these kind of rifles is the 30-378Wby and .338 Lapua.

6. sandisk8000201

cool checked out all the rifles you guys suggested and i have to say i was actually looking for rifles chambered in .223 and .308 cause they're cheaper to fire and all.Although if i had aloot more money(which i don't) i would consider getting a lapua magnum.The ruger scout has too short of a barrel for me cause i'm not goin to hunt with it.but the remington 700 has lots of customisation options out there so i think I'm leaning more to the r700 but i don't really like how it looks so...but the mvp on the other hand well i already like how it looks so i'm kinda stuck between the two can any one give me the pros and cons of both of em please?thx in adv =D

7. michael345

michael345 New Member

Boo tactical! Get a nosler or Kimber!! Jk but thats what I would do.

8. sandisk8000201

Oh and what do you guys think about the AX AICS?Just the stock cos i would'nt mind saving up for that thing but it costs like the entire of my funds.and can it fit the MVP?

9. michael345

michael345 New Member

Howa axioms are cool

10. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  11. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

That's the first time ive ever heard of the MVP, that's awesome, if that 556 could take deer, i'd be all over it. That's my new favorite bolt gun.

12. sandisk8000201

@hockalouis Thx! the ssg 04/08 look totally awesome but expensive.ouch!lol
    mayb the topic shouldn't be tactical it should be like cool looking(i have no idea what else to call them)rifles.and sputnik i do believe its relatively new read up on it just now

13. sandisk8000201

so does any1 know how many different actions can the AICS fit?