Tactical Carbine Course DVD's...Which to choose?!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by XxChino13xX, Jul 27, 2012.

1. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I know nothing beats going to a live fire course and actually doing it, but on a fixed VA income, it's not that easy. Does anyone have any insight as to which is the better of these, the DD LAV DVD or the Magpul Dynamics Tactical Carbine I & II? My birthday is coming up and it doesn't seem like I'm going to get what I had originally asked for, so I figured I'd take it down a notch and make it more realistic and feasible for my fiancée and family.

I don't get to goto the range as much as I want, and I don't live in NC yet, next year, different story (I don't have property to practice on, I live in a town home community). It would be me pretty much studying every move and taking physical and mental notes to apply the next time I do get to get out to the range. Any and all help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

And I'm sure now that I've said something about it, I won't get either DVD set and I'll probably end up getting what I originally wanted...errr.

2. mt232

mt232 New Member

I would say the Magpul Dynamics, they are pretty good in my opinion. I'm no expert but I learned a good bit from them.

3. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Awesome, thank you for the info/opinion, that's all I needed to hear haha. I was kinda leaning more towards getting the Magpul set, and reading/hearing that just confirms it. I'll worry about the LAV DVDs another time, I'll pass along the word to my fiancée. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope I get em', maybe it'll give me something to do during the day if all goes well.

4. mt232

mt232 New Member

No problem, they should keep you occupied and give you tons of information on the tactical use of your carbine. It will make you want to buy the Magpul B.A.D. lever too if you don't have one.

5. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Come to Las Vegas and I will get you a 4 day course at Frontsight firearms institute.

6. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Actually that was one of the first things I put on my AR after I got it haha. I loved the idea of it, and wish I would've known about it while I was serving. My friends see it and get kind of stumped when I tell them what it does/what it's for, then when they goto reload, I make sure to point out that they're slacking because they don't have one lol

I'd love to Mudpupp, if I could/can swing the airfare, I may have to take you up on that after my wedding in Nov. My fiancée would love to goto NV, but to see the sights and sounds, I could care less about that stuff, point me in the direction of the shooting range! I know I was looking at a course down here and it was a Magpul Dynamics class but it was some astronomical price per day. Kind of steered me away a bit haha

7. mt232

mt232 New Member

8. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member