Tactical books? Or something like it.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by dsal, Apr 12, 2010.

1. dsal

dsal New Member

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

But i was interested in buying a tactical mindset type of book, if you want to call it that.

What i mean is just a book with information about what to look for when entering a room in a house or a restaurant or places like that about safety precautions and what type of people to look out for.

I am sorry if this is vague but i am having a tough time wording this.

For example. In the first Bourne movie when he enters the bar/restuarant he is completely aware of his surroundings and can tell who is left handed, who can hold their own in a scuffle.

Again, my apologies for this odd question but i feel that i should have general knowledge of this.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I dint need a book for that one. Real world experience has taught me what to look for and where to sit. I always face the door, and all people in the joint are in my vision range. Its a military thing I guess.

3. dsal

dsal New Member

Makes sense.

I too always sit so i can see people when i am eating or whatever and i always seat myself in the back of the classroom so i can oversee everything.

SOrry if i was too vague but i cant word it correctly lol. Which is bad i suppose since i have done well in both of my english classes in college lol

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

For the most part, the kind of situational awareness you are seeking only comes with years of either getting your ass kicked, training or both.

5. dsal

dsal New Member

Hmmm ok. Thank you. I wish now i was in shape enough for the military out of high school. Now all i have going for me is college for a career in law enforcement and working out lol

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Try a good martial art. Goju!!! Help this guy out!!

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Or something you pick up eating in restaurants frequented by Mafia kingpins...

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

No mafia kingpins, too many dumb ass people out there and here in the pacific northwest coast the meth problem is bad. Gotta look out for all the people just not me.

9. Makarov

Makarov New Member

Yeah the main thing watch your back and pay attention to things other people dont.