Tactical 22lr

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by petergoesenya, Mar 4, 2012.

1. petergoesenya

petergoesenya New Member

IM looking to buy a 22lr I want something cool looking and reliable but I only have 300$ I was looking at the mossberg ar-15 style 22 and the plr 22 just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on any of these before I go buy one.

2. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Save an extra hundred and get the smith and wesson15-22. That's what i did and still have no regrets.

3. petergoesenya

petergoesenya New Member

Did you buy yours from a dealer or offline, if offline whats a good site to get one from, I also found a upgraded ruger 10/22 with a tactical ar 15 adjustable stock for 270$ what's your thoughts on those?

4. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Agree. I would not give mine up for anything. Got mine from buds gun shop online.

Attached Files:

5. petergoesenya

petergoesenya New Member

Impactguns.com has a sick ruger 10/22 with a ar style stock 25 round clip, and a Flash suppresor. For less than 300 cause I don't wanna spend 400$ i would rather spend 300 on the rifle and a 100 on upgrading it, and I know the ruger 10/22 is one of the most upgradeable gun they make.

6. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Ive got this Sig Sauer 522. This thing is damn accurate, reliable.. and a blast to shoot. Before I bought it, I could decide between this and the S&W. But I purchased the 522 they sell a kit to upgrade to a 556 model. It s around the same price as the S&W.

[​IMG]

7. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

The 10/22 is a great rifle. You would not be disappointed.

8. petergoesenya

petergoesenya New Member

Yeah? I think that's the one I'm gonna go with. Does anyone have any thoughts on impactguns.com? I hear really good things about budsgunshop But they don't have the 10/22 I like

9. Kdub

Kdub New Member

I bought my s&w moe edition because it is an exact Ar platform minus the forward assist. I'm a Leo so I wanted it to train with. The 1022 is a great gun and stocks can be bought for them, but not a true Ar platform. I studied it extensively before I.bought. Yes its pretty pricey but you can get the standard s&w model for around $ 400. On top of training the s&w is just way more fun to shoot than a 1022. The mossbergs I looked at seemed pretty good and the reviews were all pretty good, but I wanted a flat top with flip up buis. Think about what you want to do with the gun, study whats out there and go from there. I looked at building a 1022 up, looked at the mossbergs, sigs, colts, and decided the s&w was exactly what I was looking for so spent the extra money. Your wants and needs may be different than mine.

10. petergoesenya

petergoesenya New Member

I'm mainly gonna use it for target plinking, or rabits and squirrels. I would love to have the smith and wesson but I just don't have the extra 100$ that and my dad would whoop my *** if he found out I spent that much on a 22 lol

11. petergoesenya

petergoesenya New Member

And I really like the look of the mossberg but I read that it's a lot of maintenance, some are poorly made, and they just all around feel cheap, and I was really disappointed when I found out mossberg doesnt actually make them, they are made in brazil or some ****.

12. petergoesenya

petergoesenya New Member

That ruger is sick is it a 10/22? And how much have you spent on it.

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

It's an SR-22. I got it for my son for Christmas this year. It is made off the 10/22 though. Break its innerds out and and you could interchange the parts.

14. shadyshooter

shadyshooter New Member

her are both my tacticool .22 with my sons i think they are great one is the 1022 ruger archangle the other is my spikes ar15 st22
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwjypU4GmAI&list=UU6hzTu3byROU9IUhtX_QuIQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

15. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

I hear the Spikes Tactical 22 is beautiful.

Spetsnaz for Life

16. frankp0575

frankp0575 New Member

I bought a H&K/Umarex 416d, best money I have ever spent on a .22....
    I will have to upload some pictures..

17. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

Ive only dealt with impact in person. Have to say I avoid them at all cost. I walk in to look at a bolt gun and they try to tell me I don't want that and what I really want is an AR 15.

18. shotgunhunter

shotgunhunter New Member

How much was it

19. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

It was $480 new at a gun shop + Uncle Sam's chunk
    I went to a gun show a few weeks ago and they had them for $550
    We took it out and shot it shortly after Christmas and it did pretty well. It held a pattern of about 1" at 50 yards with Remington target rounds. My other 22's will touch the previous round with Federal match ammo at 50 yards so I was a little piffed but it's not quite set up like my others either. Thing hates the match ammo though. With the right ammo though, I'd pull the trigger on a squirrel at 50 yards with it though.