tactical .22lr mossberg

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by TheHunter100, Aug 26, 2012.

1. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

I'm thinking of getting this gun and, ya its pretty ugly but I know I can customize it to look a lot better it'll be a little project. My only concern is, can I take off the top part I think its a carry handle?

Here's a forum that has a picture....(I don't know how to put my own picture)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/513399_MOSSBERG__22LR_TACTICAL___.html

2. alex19ccc

alex19ccc New Member

doesn't look ugly to me!
    my only concern with that gun would be...can i find bigger mags for it?!? :D

i know nothing about this weapon. so im sorry for posting on your thread. but im looking to get myself a 22. and being a mossberg i bet its quality ;]

to me it doesn't look like that top rail comes off..but you should look into it...but why not just mount a nice red dot on top or something? :p

3. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

And also I found out you can't even switch off the handguard. I think I'm just going to get the mp5 clone instead for like $400.

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Have you considered the s&w 22lr version? Its a little pricier but a fantastic gun.

If you dont want to spend the $ on a s&w an mp5 clone sounds fun.

5. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

If its anything over $400 might as well save up to get a 6.5 grendel so that I can hunt with.

6. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

That would be my suggestion or an ar-10 if you want a hunting gun

7. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

The ar-10 is a bit heavier then the average at-15 and every pound count when your walking miles in the wild.

8. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Fair enough. Do you want an AR cause its an ar? Or because its a light weight rifle?

9. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

I got me one of the mossbergs and for $285 I'm not gonna complain. The rails can hold any ar attachment so for the price it's a fun little rifle.

Attached Files:

10. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

Both really

11. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

Do you know if you can take off the carry handle or the hand guard? Because I searched it online and someone said no but I'm not sure

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

13. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

14. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

On mine you can't take the handle off but like I said for $286 out the door I'm cool with it. I just mounted a scope on it so it wasn't much of a deal to me. The one posted in the link here looks pretty cool though.

15. kycol

kycol New Member

They had those on sale awhile back for $189 and I went to get one, but when I held it I wasn't to impressed with it. To much plastic and the mag was a real pain to remove. But all was not lost I spent $400 for a mk22 a 22lr SCAR clone. And I am glad I did I had a friend that did buy the Mossberg and he didn't keep it long.he sold it and got a mk22.

16. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I ordered mine from PSA, it was their "daily deal", the discount canceled the shipping cost.

I have not decided to keep it long term, I have some nephews that could enjoy a 22lr when they visit their paw paw.

17. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

Can I visit you instead? Haha... But ya I have heard to many negative reviews I have made it final I'm just going to get the 6.5 grendel. I'll wait for the 22lr

18. jreis

jreis New Member

6.5 Grendel and the 715T or the flat top are apples and oranges.
    If you can afford to pay 5 to 10 times the price of the Mossberg tactical, of course you should go for it!

19. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Took my Mossy Tactical 22 to the range last Tuesday. It shoots great with the Tru Glo red dot. The magazine is a little cheesy, but overall it is fun to shoot. Cheap carbine practice.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  20. bierbrewer

bierbrewer New Member

I've got the same exact setup. Love it! I agree the mags are a bit cheesy, but the gun works fine. The only negative I have is cleaning it. Too many little screws to mess with and its a PITA. For $250, it's hard to beat, though.