TacStar Side Saddle vs. Mesa Tactical Side Saddle

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by trans_atlantic_maverick, Dec 7, 2013.

1. trans_atlantic_maverick

trans_atlantic_maverick New Member

I went into a local gun shop looking for a side saddle for my Mossberg 500. I've done a little research on both TacStar & Mesa Tactical side saddles. Two obvious differences b/t the two that I've noticed, was that TacStar is polymer w/ an aluminum backplate & retails for around $30, where as the Mesa Tactical version is all aluminum & retails for around $60. I assumed that an all aluminum side saddle would essentially be more durable than a polymer side saddle. I asked for the Mesa Tactical version, and the guy there looked puzzled when I asked him about it. Oddly enough, he had never heard of it, neither did they carry it. They did have the TacStar version though, so that's the one I went with. Did I make a bad choice in choosing to purchase the TacStar???

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I've run a Tac-star for a pretty long time with no complaints.

3. trans_atlantic_maverick

Cool. Thanks a lot man! I'll give the TacStar a try. If I have any problems I'll stick w/ Mesa.

4. artbrownsr

artbrownsr Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

I've had my trac star for 15+ years and still holds the rounds tight and handy, on my 870.

5. trans_atlantic_maverick

Wow, 15yrs? That's impressive!

6. num1dude13

num1dude13 New Member

Rather new to shotguns and haven't had it long but I've been more then satisfied with my tacstar.
    ForumRunner_20131208_170546.jpg

7. trans_atlantic_maverick

Thanks for your input man :)