Tacfirecon.com

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by McCakie, Nov 21, 2013.

1. McCakie

McCakie New Member

As anybody ever heard of these guys before? I saw a YouTube video (that I can't find the link for now) and they are making drop in bump fire triggers for the AR platform. I'm just wondering what everybody thinks and if anybody has ever used one before. Check out the website they have the video there it looks very cool and if it works as advertised I might just have to pick one up at some point.

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Ammo wasters , but what ever floats your boat. Go rent a machine gun some where and get over it

3. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I find that to be pretty cool, because unlike the slide fire you don't have to change out to a chinchy looking stock. Now I don't like to run through ammo that quick, but I would like the option though. I don't see how that is NFA approved???? But if it really is then I'd be tempted to try it out.

4. McCakie

McCakie New Member

I looked a lil deeper into it and they're not even taking preorders til the first of december

5. McCakie

McCakie New Member

Could be the perfect addition to your new SB.... I mean pistol :)... How is that by the way?

6. okdonk

okdonk New Member

$500 price tag right? Seems okay.. if i have extra disposable budget, might get one. Before they turn it become an NFA item.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Somebody actually pays them to make parts which

renders your AR undependable? OK, then...

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQtCTUq4Y_I[/ame]

Attached Files:

9. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

Seems cool but $500 is a lot when u can already shoot as fast as u can pull the trigger which is fast enough for me.

I'm not into wasting mass amounts of ammo myself.

10. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Your funny! Have not got to test the "PISTOL" yet. Poor weather this weekend, but hopefully get to test soon.

11. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

It may be expensive, but the cost of R&D and machining, coating, etc. has to be paid for somehow. I'd like to test one out.

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

If you watch closely its a very short pull that bump fires very easily. Im guessing they arent for sale yet because these are probably still pending with the BATFE / NFA or they would be selling as we speak. Really its a much better concept than the slide fire That allows you to choose how you want to fire and not have to lock the stock down, $500 isnt terrible but I wont pay for one. I can see these going over well in place that rent guns on their ranges for people that want to rent a MG. The average person wont know the difference

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I guess you still have to push the rifle instead of pulling the trigger?
    Drop in triggers are around $200. The extra cost is for the novelty.
    I wonder if this is just the latest attempt at another gadget like the hellfire, gat, and tac triggers of years gone by.

14. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I don't think you will need to pull it forward. If u watch the video it has a really really short throw, I would say even with what little bit of recoil the .223 provides will probably make it work pretty easily

15. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Well my email said they have a launch date of December 1 and they are batfe approved.

16. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

And if anyone has any experience with paintball guns its kinda like the more expensive one that not like the slide fire stocks.

17. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Does a person really need one of these? No, probably not. But "need" is beside the point. I want one. I don't generally rapid fire my AR and waste ammo, but I would like the option to if I saw fit. I mean really.... Laying down a lot of fire occasionally is fun. I don't care who you are. You can't truthfully disagree with that. (Taking the cost of ammo out of the equation of course) I like the overall function of the slide fire stock, but you have to take the grip and at I off of your gun and replace with a ****ty looking and feeling stock. Sure you can lock a lever and resume semi auto fire, but you still have the overpriced crummy stock.

Is $495 a lot for the Tac Con trigger? Yes but you have to take into consideration all of the R&D, machining, NP3 coating etc etc. I bet the profit margin is significantly lower than that of the Slide Fire stock. I like the fact that all you have to do is flip the selector switch to go from semi auto to really fast semi auto. No stock changes.

All of this to say that I pre-ordered one! I am willing to give this a shot. Much much much cheaper than a real machine gun + no tax stamp. I realize that this trigger is not for everyone and some may find it to be stupid. That is their choice and they can do as they choose with their ARs. I for one am pretty excited for the opportunity to try one of these out.

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

We got the same thinking TG!. But i haven't ordered yet, some funds need to go somewhere important at the same time.
    But honestly, i want and will order one soon. I don't think $500 is expensive. And i hate Slide Fire stock.. ugly :).

19. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

The slide fire stock is hideous. I don't think the $495 is high or I would not have ordered it. But alot of people will believe that to be high, so most may not order it. I like having things that others don't. This is yet another way to make my builds stand out from others. I hope that the end of December first of January shipping estimate is accurate. This will be going in my Burnt Bronze build. With the mid-length gas and almost non existent recoil, muzzle control during rapid fire should be pretty easy.