Tac star forearm question

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by deathkricket, Jul 7, 2010.

1. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Just got a Tac star forearm for my 590, after putting it on i noticed the action is a bit harder to work and just feels a lot worse, i broke it down a few times looking for any grinding and the only thing i noticed was the back part of the trigger housing that works the safety is a bit ground up. I was wondering if any one has had any experience with this or if its normal to make the action a bit more rough.

Attached Files:

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Assuming the only change in the firearm immediately preceding the problem is the forearm, I don't think the trigger group has anything to do with it. Is the forearm contacting the barrel? This will change the characteristics.

If you also changd the butt stock at the same time, try eliminating one variable at a time until you pin point the source of the problem.

3. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

The butt stock has been on for a while. The problem was the two action bars of the forearm were not able to flex up and down likie they are suppose to so it was dragging the in the holes in front of the reciver. A quick shave of the forearm with a knife fixed it. as far as the safety bar having grind marks on it i still have no idea.

4. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

deathkricket,

Glad to hear that you're advancing on the troubleshooting.
    That is ONE tactical looking shotgun, Bro. I like it- :)

Is that the one you had the Bolt blued or parkerized for?

5. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

No, that was for my 500, this is my 590, the lack of movment on the action bars was a guess that worked out, when i put on the tube the first time i checked to see if they did flex and they did a little, just that little needed a hair more flex to stop the binding, more like a lucky guess as the action bars left no drag marks.

All i have left for it is a side saddle and a tac light. then it will be tactical. :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice scatter gun.