Tac con 3MR trigger

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by gunny91, Jun 16, 2014.

1. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

Hey everyone am about to build me an AR and I seen these new drop in triggers from tac con. I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to try one out? If so please tell me what you thought

2. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

I've heard mixed reviews. I want one for the simple fact that it goes to the auto position. Though the $500 price tag discourages me quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

Well it not full auto .u got to know how to work it to make look and work that way.I'm a gunsmith so im hoping they give me a discount lol

4. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have one. Its a decent trigger. The bump fire part of it is nothing to write home about. It WILL do the bump fire thing, but its much more difficult to do it with the Tac Con than a slide fire. I am not particularly impressed with it overall, and for the money they are asking for them you can get a nice Geiselle (sp) or a Timney or one of many others that will give you a better trigger, and still have enough for a slide fire is that is what you are after. It's neat to have the 3 position safety and all, but not at the price tag it comes with.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

do yourself a favor get a giesselle or a cmc better triggers better price. i like the cmc trigger a lot but you need kns pins to go with it. this weekend i had one of the clips holding the stock cmc pin in go shooting off to no where deadlining my rifle. put in the kns pins i dont think it will be a problem now

taccon trigger is gimmicky piece of nonsense

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  6. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

Dose the giesselle and cmc have any over travel and free play that's why I like the 3MR for those reasons alone

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

A member here, TexasGunner bought one when it was in preorder. He didn't like it and sold it. Then he got a Geissele and loving it.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

All triggers have over travel. Not sure what you mean by free play. Gieselle and cmc are both faster triggers than the tac con.

I find it interesting they put "con" in the product and company name...

9. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

Well ill have to look into a geissele thanks everyone

10. toddchaney

toddchaney New Member

I read several reviews that stated that the 3MR system is easy to install and only selectable 3 mode semi-automatic is available in the market. The integration into AR-15 is seamless.

11. Max-Q

Max-Q New Member

Do yourself a favor and get a Geissele SD3G trigger. It's proven to be a faster trigger and costs half that of the Tac Con trigger.

12. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

What's a slide fire?

13. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Its just a bump fire stock:
    http://www.slidefire.com/products/ar-platform/ssar-15-ogr

It will not make for a better trigger, but if mag dumps are what you are after, it will do the trick. Kind of ugly though. lol

14. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Yeah that's super ugly lol

15. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I bought a Tac Con trigger when they first became available for pre sale. I found it to be the most uncomfortable trigger I had ever experienced ( in the 3rd mode). I took it out shooting once and then sold it to a guy who wanted one really bad.

My new favorite trigger is the Geiselle rapid fire trigger from Brownells. Much better trigger at a much better price.

16. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Yeah what he said! ....guess I should have read all responses before I posted!

17. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

I have also hear and read that RRA two stage triggers are a good trigger also so i have narrowed it down to a geissele or RRA

18. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I've got the RRA National Match on my Rock River. It is a good one.