T/C Encore pistol?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jca1, Dec 5, 2010.

1. jca1

jca1 New Member

So I have a T/C Encore pistol spending a few weeks or so with me. Chambered in .308:eek: I've gotta grow a pair cause I'm a little scared to pull the trigger:eek:

You guys ever shot one of these things in a similar chamber?

2. birdie

birdie New Member

Yes I have a 7 /30'waters 45-70. 223 and 204 have shot 308 and it is a handfull is it ported or does it have a brake it is manageable. Super 14 bbl ported isn't that bad, but innate shot several hundred rounds out of my s and w 500 and I'm ok with that although they are hand loads loaded down some. Don't know if that helps but only one way to find out happy shooting.

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

While the recoil is there, it's entirely controllable. Just hold onto it firmly and quit your worrying. You'll be ok once you see that you was worrying over nothing. I shoot an encore handgun with 7mm08 barrel all the time and they're not that much different.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

^^What Bear said. Put on your big boy pants and do it. :p

I've shot one in .30-06 and it was not bad at all. Long barrel, ported and heavy. I believe there is more recoil with a .454 Casull revolver and they don't hurt a bit. Jmo.

5. jca1

jca1 New Member

:D hehehehaha.....that's funny right there.

6. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Recoil with the .308 is not bad at all, not really much more than with my 30-30 barrel. Can't say that though with my 16" 45-70.

Jim........

7. WDB

WDB New Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  8. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I shot a hog with a Contender chambered in 30-30 and it was quite fun. I also have an Encore in .308 and my 9 year old granddaughter handles it nicely.

Alright, I'm lying about the granddaughter but I'm sure she'll shoot it next year.

If you want to barrows some trousers, let me know. Good luck and good fortune, Joe