T/C contender forearm?????

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by bernielink, Dec 15, 2010.

1. bernielink

bernielink New Member

Hi Friends,
    Just bought a 22 mag. barrel for my T/C Contender 10" (old style) pistol without a forearm. I have a 218 Bee 10" barrel with a forearm but the screw doesn't match up with the new barrel. The 218 Bee is a octagon barrel and the new one is round and seems to be heavier than the 218 Bee. What should I look for in trying to buy a forearm for the new barrel.
    Thanks, Bernie
  2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

You'll have to get the older style forearm. The best way to make SURE it's the correct 1 is to go to a gunshow with your contender and try fit it before you buy it. I don't remember the spacing (distance) of the screw offhand but I'm sure somebody will be along to help you more.

3. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

My old style 10" .22mag octagon and 10" .357mag octagon both measure 3 15/16" from the breach to center of hole. The 10" bull barrels with a single mounting screw measures at 3 9/16" from the breach to center of screw hole.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  4. WDB

WDB New Member

Sounds like Master is right on with the bull barrel or even a standard round barrel they are a 1/4" further back. Also determine if it is a bull barrel or a standard as the fit to the barrel will have a gap if you have a standard barrel and a bull forearm and if you have a bull barrel and a standard barrel the forearm won't seat at all.