Synthetic Magazines

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Dzscubie, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Hey guys,

Over the past week or so someone posted a web site that had really good prices on synthetic magazines for the AR. I have two dozen metal mags right now and would like some synthetic to try out but don't want to spend a great amount for something I may not like. Anyone remember the web site? I believe they were $8.50 each.

Thanks

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The P-Mag is the only non-metal, non-drum/snail feed magazine I would ever consider trusting.

3. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

+ 1... a BIG 1

4. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I can't say anything for the un-reliability of other polymer mags, but P-Mags are the only thing I use in mine. I'm waiting for Magpul to come out with some for the AR-10 and I'll pick those up as well.

-Fred

5. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Thanks guys, I've never used anything but metal mags in all my years. I still have a distrust of plastic but everyone seems to be impressed with them so thought I would give them a try. Thanks Robo I'll try the Pmag.

6. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Try a Lancer L-5. I too like my P mags, but the Lancer isn't junk.

7. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

Polymer is the metal of the future! Just admit it!

Also, here's another vote for P-mags.

8. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Was also thinking of a p-mag... Anyone know how they do in freezing conditions ? Do they get brittle ?

9. Westy

Westy New Member

Now where can a person get them for $ 8.50? :)

10. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Well first you need a wayback machine. :cool:

11. Westy

Westy New Member

Not so huh? :(

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Speaking of magazines, I am seriously thinking about investing in one of these Benchloaders. :)

You never know....some day you may have to keep some damn Zombies at bay, and you need loaded mags now! ;)

Already have the UpLula 9mm to .45 cal universal pistol magazine loader and it works flawlessly and very quickly.

maglula Ltd. - The world's #1 magazine loaders and unloaders !

Jack

13. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Hey!! I'm old and my memory ain't so good, besides.... it could happen :rolleyes:

14. Westy

Westy New Member

15. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Thanks guys for the responses, so far I ordered a P-mag and a Lancer 5, I'm looking at the other poly-mags and think I will order one of each (as many as I can afford) and see which one I like best. It will take a few weeks to get them in but after the holidays I'll post a report.

16. Westy

Westy New Member

Aw c'mon, you're not that old are ya? It never hurts to aim for the sweet spot does it? Had me out looking around!

17. richardnorton

richardnorton New Member

The best synthetic magazines for the AR I have found so far are the ones for the SIG 556 rifle, they are not cheap, come in a box, two mags and a connector and the cost is somewhere in the range of $40 to $42 for a pair. They are made for the SIG rifle, but fit any AR.

18. afi1

afi1 New Member

They work just fine in the snow and ice over here. No problems at all.

19. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Yes, he is that old. He is so old that he could be in a museum, no wait, he is in a museum. :p

Ok, I stand corrected, he was in a museum (Lackland Security Forces Museum) but they took the picture down.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  20. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I picked up 2 30 round Tapco polymer mags. They work great. $14.00 each