Swords: life on the line

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Glasshartt, May 8, 2010.

1. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

If you like "The Deadliest Catch" Check out "Swords: Life on the line" It is of the New England coast in the Grand Banks area, fishing for Swordfish. One of the Captains, Linda Greenlaw, is also an author. Her book "All Fishermen are Liars" is great. She reads it herself in the Audiobook version. I just "caught" the first episode and it was great.

2. sprusegoose

sprusegoose New Member

I love that show. I can't believe how much line they use. o_O

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Yep

I loved it great show and some awsome swordies caught.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Watching right now. :D

Is she the same woman Captain who was involved in The Perfect Storm?

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I've seen an episode or two, but have yet to figure out exactly what a "marker" is. Is it a weight class of swordfish or what?

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

A marker is one that is 100#'s. That is where the price per pound gets good. 1 100#er is worth more than 2 50#ers. Learned that earlier today. :D

7. orangello

orangello New Member

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Thanks Linda, just watched it. I'll watch it again.

9. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Skull,

Yes, she was the was the captain of the sister ship to the Andrea Gail. Her ship was the Hannah Boden.

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I thought so. She took like 10 years off from fishing. Just like the Deadliest Catch, huge risk for huge rewards. I love to fish, and I have been some hairy situations in the middle of Lake Erie, but nothing like what that kind of fishing sees. :eek:

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Its a good show but so much drama.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I enjoyed it, but I don't see it lasting long unless they expand coverage around the fleet.

They have 3 ships being covered, one went down with a dead engine, one went to tow her in and that left the oakie A-hole and his 55 footer with a death wish heading out to some of the worst ocean on that coast.

I was very interested watching the show, but I was like "where are the other ships and what are they doing" ? :confused:

I was digging the battle for that Blue Fin that the third ship caught though. That was one hell of a good 3 hour battle.

Thanks Linda!!!

JD