Sword vs FireArm

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by USEBOTHHANDS, Oct 24, 2012.

1. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

as i was watchin Walking Dead the other night (and the episode before), it dawned on me.............if the zombies were thick like @ certain times, say 100 to 4 or 5 peeps, wouldn't super sharps swords be better weapons?

i was actually quite impressed with Michonne's handlin of the katana. it just seemed clear to me what could be a VERY USEFUL tool and defensive weapon.

Katana.jpg

with a firearm, you have to pick your shots, and quickly acquire your next target. if you don't make a head/kill shot, then you've wasted ammo.

with a sword, a runnin melee attack can be achieved with little to no accuracy skill involved, and GREAT accomplishment. zombie types that can't walk are pretty much defenseless to a readily mobile non-zombie. runnin thru a group and cuttin off a single leg on each would result in, NOT A DEATH, but a player taken outta the game until you can come back and dispatch them. with little to no effort, runnin attacks could easily clean up 100 or so z-men with few attackers with swords.

what say you?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

:rolleyes:

The zombies I have seen sure are not slow. I mean why let them get close when u can pick them off at a couple hundred yards

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yes it'd work except damn few people have the skill to use a blade in that type of conditions. They would get WAY to close to give you the power to sever a limb

4. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I'd say you never trained with or used a pointed or edged weapon. Significant learned and practiced knowledge, skill and attitude are necessary.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Dude, handling a sword in the type of scenario your talking about would require stamina on a magnitude that very few people have.

I had that kind of stamina when I was 19 and an active duty Marine, but even then, I didn't have the core or gross motor development in the upper body to do such a thing.

Years of training to get to that point man.

6. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i actually haven't, i only know what i have seen from impractical "research."

mythbusters, deadliest warrior, and the like........not hollywood glamor movies.

i know it is an art of movement and flow. i also know that i have an extended length cane knife that with little effort, will cut thru 1 1/2-inch - 2-inch saplings with little to no effort.

I UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF PRACTICE AND ENDURANCE AND PRECISION KNOW HOW, i am inquisitive of the fact.

i am not referrin to fighting with swords. but practice with use would be a must.

in a "fair fight," against someone my own speed, wits, and knowledge..........i'd get my *** KICKED! LOL

against z-men, i like to think i could run thru, bob-n-weave, slice a few legs in-two, run and rest. then do it again, takin down several @ a time, leavin them on the ground to crawl around til i could come back and finish the job.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Against actual Hollywood zombies from the past, before those undead bastards started Olympic sprinting, sure, it could be done. Whack two or three, take a smoke break, whack a couple more, drink a beer.. ;)

Screw a smoke break.

8. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

yeah i was finna say..........YOU QUIT SMOKIN!!! :mad:

9. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

If humans have a hard enough time not getting scratches and cuts in the REAL world, how hard is it gonna be in the Z world?? Remember, one speck of Z blood on so much as a scrape..BAM...your a Zombie.

Mele weapons in a Zombie world=impractical and dangerous.

I'll stick with my guns..just gives you another reason to stock up on ammo. :)

10. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i agree with this assessment, and have thought about it hard...............FULL BIKER LEATHERS, FROM HEAD TO TOE. dependin on thickness, somewhat bite-proof too.

according to "HOLLYWOOD," i can use tire irons, machetes, fire pokers, axes, etc, etc. i've seen only ONE effective melee weapon......Michonne, and it works FANTASTICALLY.

hollywood, yes, but it's awesome!

make sure y'all have silencers.........another sword advantage. ;):p

11. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

How did u stop smoking? Im finding it way hard?
    Im way to outta shape for swinging swords. How about rigging a few swords on a bike or car that just keep in swinging... think of a helicopter

12. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

yeah, i watched "that" movie the other night on Sci-Fi. creeped me out a bit...............fast f^ckers....AND kinda smart! Ving Rhames got his legs eaten off. LOL

if they're that fast, then we're all f^cked. better not get caught out in the open with them around. it would be hard to shoot more than one of them if they were closin on ya.

13. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i can't answer for trip, but i "quit" just a few months ago. it's been hard, sheer will power is the only thing i can say. i bought a pack a couple weeks ago, and smoked several while drinkin some beer. still have half that pack left though. they're so stale right now, all i have to do is smell them and they make me sick. don't want any.

there were a few times that i went and bought a pack and smoked a few out of it.......but instead of a day or two, the pack would last the full week. then i slowly weaned myself off them.

watch the food consumption though, it seems to be a replacement for most, when they quit smokin. the first time i tried to quit, about 2 years or so ago, i started eatin til i couldn't breathe. started smokin again, lost the weight, and now i have stopped again.

14. clearsights

clearsights New Member

Not to mention to severe a limb or head with that type of blade requires a slicing motion (using the last inch-and-a-half or two) instead of just hacking. Unless you had a broadsword or claymore!

15. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

I go through spurts like u where I only smoke about one or two sticks a day then outta no where BOOM pack a day again. If I stop smoking I have to stop drinking as well. I think it turns into habit because I want a smoke after I eat, drink, sex, and while driving. Oh and at work. 12 hr midnight shifts get rough.

16. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

If zombies are attracted to sounds and movement, then get a car out in a parking lot, crank the wheel, put it in reverse, jam the horn so it is continuously honking, jam the gas pedal to the floor, jump out, cook some popcorn, and watch the zombies walk into the cars path as it races around in a circle and plows them over.

(I saw something similar on cops, so it has to work)

Rinse and Repeat every day until all the zombies are gone, and Wah-lah!

17. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

18. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

I like the way u think sir

19. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

that's PERFECT! mmmmmmmmmmmm-yes, perfect!

saw that same episode, the window prolly wulda busted if he'd had a........WAIT FOR IT......SWORD. LMAO

GREAT idea tho.

set a bulldozer in S-L-O-W forward, close the doors to the cab, and ROCK N' ROLL!