Switchblades?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by amansman, May 23, 2007.

1. amansman

amansman New Member

Are autos better known as switchblades legal in your state? Here in AZ we are fortunate enough to be able to own them. I know that when I was in Washington they were a no no. What about your state?

2. bkt

bkt New Member

In New York State you have to be in law enforcement, an EMT, or have only one working hand to legally own what is commonly called a switchblade or out-the-front (OTF) knife or gravity knife.

This is, of course, nuts. I can buy and carry a fixed-blade knife in a sheath -- which is a faster draw than any auto -- but that's not considered illegal.

3. Matrixgyal

Matrixgyal New Member

Illegal here...I thought a knife couldn't be bigger than your palm here in chicago..that's just hearsay though but I should look it up to be sure..

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Switchblades

Most states have a specific criteria for blade length. Texas- 3 1/2 inches max. The palm of the hand measurement is a quick reference (about 3 1/2 inches on MOST people).

5. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Legal to own here in NC but not legal to carry unless you are law enforcement, an EMT, or only have one arm. Which doesn't make sense anyway because I don't know many people who use two arms to operate a knife. But hey! :rolleyes:

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

In Pa., legal to own as part of a collection, illegal for carry.