Swede M38's

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by jpattersonnh, Mar 24, 2012.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

When the Family went out shooting today I brought my 1942 M38 and my sons sportered 1943. His wears a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40mm and is mounted in a Boyds thumbhole laminate. We had targets at 25,50, and 100 yards. The 25 and 50 were for .22's. One target at 100 was a 1qt. red Marvel mystery oil bottle the other was a 9x11" box with a white 2" circle in the center. The box was weighed down w/ a small 3x2x1" piece of Granite. Shot about 40 rounds each. I got cocky and asked if he wanted to see the box explode, so I shot the bottom where the rock was an the box did indeed explode! The biggest piece of granite I could find was about 1.5x1x1", the rest was dust! The bottle was cut in 1/2(had it on a swamp maple sapling). I just love the accuracy of these rifles. I was shooting standing, my son from standing and kneeling. Practice as you hunt!!!! No support other than a sling.

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Hard to beat a Swede, any model.............

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Sounds like a great rifle, and a great day of shooting. You should video it for us next time. :D

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

We hump in rifles, ammo, targets. The last thing I worry about is making a video. We go shooting!!! We also hump everything out, including every piece of brass, reloadable or not. I'm to old to waste time on attempting to set up a video camera, 2 minutes I could be putting bullets down range.