Swarovski optics

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by FernandoTheCommando, Feb 20, 2014.

1. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

So, my wife works with a woman who's second job is at the swarovski manufacturing plant near us. She gets really big discounts on anything they make. I know the scopes are pretty expensive, but are they any good for the price? For instance, if she could get a $1500 scope like 40% off, would it be worth it to mount on one of my rifles, or should I sell it for retail value and by another brand like leupold? Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Absolutely worth trying. You can resell it at a minimal loss, and keep the change.

You will see the difference in the dusk. Daylight, not so much vs Leupold.

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I have used Swarovski scopes for 40 years. They are one of the best. If you are hunter you can not do better in my opinion. :)

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

normally i wouldnt buy a swarovski because they arent worth what they charge for em. but at the price you can get at 40% off i would in a heartbeat. they are excellent scopes. at that price if you dont like it you will make money on the deal...

the only thing i have against them is you can get the identical quality or better in some cases for less in a nightforce trijicon or us optics. but since you can get he employee discount its worth it.

5. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I just put a Swarovski Z3 on a .243 rifle. I've only used it at the range, but it is excellent. I grabbed one of the demos from Cameraland NY. So it was a decent deal.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

For a hunting scope,Swarovski is as good as it gets,IMO.
    For Long Range/Tactical/or Target Competition shooting,March-S&B-US Optics-and Nightforce are all better choices.

I don't understand where you get they aren't worth the price,Jon. Mine has been worth every dime I paid for it.

7. FernandoTheCommando

Thanks guys. All solid advice. If it pans out, I'm sure ill be posting about it. Just an idea at this point.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

I'm not saying they are junk by any stretch. I just don't see paying above what similar optics cost. Anything is what you pay for it to you. I own a scar17 that's pretty much completely tricked out most folks would say its not worth it... heh. Just depends on your pov.

9. bradam

bradam Member

So, what are the chances of a group purchase?:D

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that's good one Brad!:D

11. bradam

bradam Member

I just happen to be looking for a scope for the 260. "I am just saying".:D

12. sandog

sandog Member

Never used their scopes, but my Swarovski binoculars were noticeable better than ones I had by Zeiss and Leica that cost almost as much. The price of their scopes is a bit much for me, I am mulling over which scope to buy for my heavy barrel .308 and willing to spend $1000 or a bit more, but that wouldn't get me a Swarovski. A factory discount would make it a lot more doable though. They have a factory in the U.S. now ?

13. FernandoTheCommando

Ha, that would be awesome. I'm still trying to learn more details. My wife just said she gets steep discounts on anything swarovski makes; scopes, jewelry, etc. To the member who asked if they have a plant in the US, I guess they must now. First my wife said she had 2 jobs, one working for swarovski, and the other working for a company that assembles rifle scopes. I'm assuming they are the same job and my wife just misheard her. I'm not really in the market for a $2000 scope. Personally I'd rather get a new AR and another Eotech for that kind of money. Either way if I find out more info ill add to the forum.

14. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I thought that the Z3s were US made, and the higher end Z5 and Z6's were made overseas. But I've read so much scope stuff this the facts, specs and names are all a blur.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Swarovski 6X42 on my .30-06 primary hinting rifle. It's been absolutely wonderful for my needs over the years.

16. FernandoTheCommando

Yeah so turns out this lady has to build "points" for how many hours she works, then she gets her discount. She told my wife she's building her points to save up for a pair of swarovski binoculars....whomp whomp.

17. bradam

bradam Member

Do overtime points count?:D

18. FernandoTheCommando

Haha right! Just gotta convince her I need a scope more than she needs binoculars.

19. bradam

bradam Member

poll data

There can be no doubt about that. Just take a poll on this Forum and show her the results. (maybe with flowers?0:)

20. FernandoTheCommando

Well it would be my wifes co worker getting the flowers.....so my wife might not take too kindly to that idea haha. But yes, I believe a poll is in order haha.