Firearms Talk banner

SW Michigan ammo sources

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bbertram 
#1 · (Edited)
At most Walmarts in SW Michigan I am finding a lot of 9mm , 40 and 45 ACP rounds and no .22 Even some 100 bulk pack of Federal .223 FMJ in Holland a while back. Stuff is starting to come back.

Now, if the hoarders, and guys buying all they can to sell at ridiculous prices finally give up on .22 then maybe we will see some of that back on the shelves again.

#4 ·
I'm not far from you, and I'm occasionally providing my LGS with .22LR ammo. I buy it online and sell it at cost, just so they can have some on the shelf. Strange that people will buy from the LGS at $8 for 50 rounds, but won't buy it cheaper online. I think another issue is that people want their "favorite brand" at their "favorite price". I still have some Remington "Yellowjackets" marked $2.29/50 and "Vipers" marked $1.39/50 but the world changes !! :)

#5 ·
Last 100 I bought was CCI mini mag from Graafschap Hardware. About 6-7 weeks ago I stopped in Dunhams in South Haven and they had 4 boxes of Remington Thunderbolt ON SALE for $2.39/box, and a 4 box limit. There were only 4 boxes so I bought them. Shoot really well out of my Bersa Thunder 22... I mean REAL accurate!!

#6 ·
Prices that I see go up from $5/50 . CCI mini mags are out there at $18/50 + shipping . Too rich for my blood. I can shoot 9mm luger & Makarov much cheaper than THAT . $5 a box is my personal limit on 22's, so I wait and watch for the "deal". :) My favorite .22 ammo is the subsonic stuff, that is fairly quiet, that I shoot in my shed and don't wake the neighbors. I rather wish that suppressors weren't so darn expensive. I'd love to have one but can't justify it. I try to get to range one morning a week ( Chick-Owa gun club) but I don't shoot the 22's as often as the larger pistols.
Brent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.