Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new SW 22 Victory and a spare magazine. I shot it for the first time today. I had a hard time getting 10 rounds in the mags. So I just loaded 5 rounds and things were okay loading and shooting for two of the mags. I'm sure after some use 10 rounds should not be a problem. The third magazine has a tight spot at the top of it. Had to push the rounds in with the tip of my fingernail. It didn't feed well at first but seemed to loosen up a but after shooting.

Should I do something or just leave it alone and let it loosen up on its own?

Thanks for any comments, Leo.

· Premium Member
7,334 Posts
I bought a new SW 22 Victory and a spare magazine. I shot it for the first time today. I had a hard time getting 10 rounds in the mags. So I just loaded 5 rounds and things were okay loading and shooting for two of the mags. I'm sure after some use 10 rounds should not be a problem. The third magazine has a tight spot at the top of it. Had to push the rounds in with the tip of my fingernail. It didn't feed well at first but seemed to loosen up a but after shooting.

Should I do something or just leave it alone and let it loosen up on its own?

Thanks for any comments, Leo.
Did you load them with just fingers, or with a little magazine loader for those guns? I have two of those pistols, one still new in the box. Never a problem like you are having.

Also, was all the ammo the same? Or different brands?

· Premium Member
7,334 Posts
I used a loader and all the ammo was the same.
OK. Here is what I myself do. In fact I always do this on new mags. Take that loader and no ammo! Just sit around when you have time and work the mag spring all the way down and back up. A number of times on each mag. Shake them once in awhile to get rid of any machining pieces that could be inside and now loose. If then I feel a bit of drag on the follower, I put a bit of light oil inside and work them again. Finally, I load the mags as full of ammo I can and just let them sit a few days. Worth a try. :)

· Premium Member
7,334 Posts
That makes sense. Thank you.
Be sure to let me know if it works for you. Stick around and visit with us more often. :)

Also, if you start to get failures to extract, contact me. This is a some what frequent problem on these pistols. A very quick and easy permanent fix. Can be done in two minutes. My first one needed this adjustment.

· Administrator
1,993 Posts
@phpbass - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information about the site): So yer new here, huh?, and this thread (our community rules): FirearmsTalk.com Community Rules.

· Premium Member
7,334 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts