Survival Food

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by falseharmonix, May 9, 2009.

1. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I was just surfing around, when I found this link:

Tactical Bacon

You can rest assured that I have already put a second mortgage on my house to acquire enough tactical bacon to last me any length of zombie invasion.

2. guns4eieio

guns4eieio New Member

For only $14 I think I'll buy a can. With a shelf life of 10 years, I'll be able to forget about it until we're under attack by anything and possibly everything. Although I know I wouldn't want to have to live off of it!

3. TrueNorth

TrueNorth New Member

Sounds interesting but I wonder at the nutritional value and the filling ability of a bacon diet. Would 9oz of multi-vitamins serve better in an emergency, or power-bars or something?

4. TrueNorth

TrueNorth New Member

Attached Files:

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

However, it is a significant source of Pork!

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Or.....Soylent Green! :eek:

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Ny "normal bacon" do you mean
    [​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]
    :p

8. bkt

bkt New Member

Yoder's canned bacon can be had cheaper for the same amount. Thanks for the reminder -- I've been meaning to pick up a few of these.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

While vitamins are critical to your long term health, they provide nothing in the way of immediate energy, and they do not stop hunger pangs, raise blood sugar levels, etc.

And have you ever tried a vitamin, lettuce and tomato sandwich? :rolleyes:

10. Maverick

Maverick Member

I have a friend that has tried the Tactical Bacon.... Says its pretty good....pricey....but good.

11. Datam

Datam New Member

12. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Sam's Club is now stocking emergency food. Auguson Farms brand in #10 cans. Not bad prices and the shipping is rediculously low. I am working on making a small purchase each month to get the stock built up.

A local Walmart here in KS is selling red and white wheat in 25# bags. It floored me to see it on the shelf next to the flour.