surplus ammo.com?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jwalsh66, Sep 21, 2013.

1. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

I've been scoping out (pun intended) Surplus ammo and arms for awhile now waiting to get some funds together. Has anyone ever purchased from the? How is the quality? There prices for the upper reciever packages seem out of this world. Is there a catch?

2. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

I've bough ammo from them with no problems...:)

3. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

What about an ar complete upper? The specs look right

4. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

I have my first AR from them and my second 300 Blackout lower from them and they are both solid. If you get one the only complaint I had was the stock barrel with the 1 in 9 twist was terrible and seemed to just throw ammo everywhere. So either get a better barrel on the upper or plan on getting one. I put a Rainer Arms 1 in 8 stainless steel and now it hammers nails.

5. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

I was planning on getting the one with the blackhole weaponry polygonal rifled barrel. I've heard good reviews on that. I figured a good barrel is worth an extra hundred. How about the bcg? Is it worth keeping the included one or upgrading to a better one? Thanks for the feedback. Doesnt seem like many on here have bought from them.

6. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I buy ammo from them all the time great company

7. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

Bcg is still working well it's given me no problem.

8. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Ok then I think ill go ahead and order one. The price is definitely right

9. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

Hey bud, I bought that same upper with the Black Hole Weaponry barrel from them about 2 years ago. That thing is a lot more accurate than I am. The bcg it comes with is o.k. it will work but I switched it out about a year ago for something better. I have bought other parts from them with no issues. The problem I now have with them, is that at one point they raised the price of their ammo to stupid high prices. They had 1000 round of 5.56 for $1600. That's crazy. Since then I have decided not to buy from them. Just my choice.

10. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member